Among the first solutions in the industry supporting the latest PCI Express® (PCIe®) 3.0 specification, the new 40nm Broadcom® converged controller family enables server manufacturers to reduce bill of material (BOM) costs while increasing performance and functionality. On-chip protocol processing offload engines such as iSCSI, FCoE, TCP, and RDMA-ready hardware provide data center managers with a significant increase in storage and networking performance, while consuming less power and freeing up host CPU resources to perform other functions. Each device delivers industry-leading networking and storage performance via bi-directional line-rate on all 10G ports simultaneously.
The new 10GbE converged controller family includes:
- The BCM57800 dual-port 10GbE / dual-port 1GbE controller
- The BCM57810 dual-port 10GbE controller
- The BCM57840 quad-port 10GbE controller
According to IT analyst firm
- The new converged controllers are designed to deliver the industry's best performance with up to 67 percent higher input/output per second (IOPS) as compared to
Broadcom's previous generation 10G offering.
- From a footprint perspective, the new converged controllers utilize only 0.82 square inches of space for up to four ports of converged 10GbE; including serializers/deserializers (SerDes) for SFP+ rack server and 10GBASE-KR for blade server applications.
- The new family of converged controllers includes baseline server features such as Wake-on-LAN, Remote Boot (PXE), and NC-SI server management.
- Additional power savings in low utilization periods are achieved with Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) capabilities that further reduce power consumption in 10GBASE-T applications.
Broadcomoffers a broad portfolio of physical layer (PHY) devices with dual-media capabilities to support a mix of different physical layer standards such as 10GBASE-T and SFP+.
- The new 40nm 10G controllers are currently sampling to early access customers with production ramp expected in the second half of 2011.
"The explosion in data center traffic is driving demand for 10GbE server solutions and this market demand is expected to accelerate throughout 2011. 10GbE solutions are now a must have for data centers as data managers struggle to keep up with the massive amount of traffic from a variety of sources."
"As a leading provider of converged Ethernet solutions to
Subscribe to RSS Feed:
A FORTUNE 500® company,
Cautions regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
All statements included or incorporated by reference in this release, other than statements or characterizations of historical fact, are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations, estimates and projections about our industry and business, management's beliefs, and certain assumptions made by us, all of which are subject to change. Forward-looking statements can often be identified by words such as "anticipates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "predicts," "believes," "seeks," "estimates," "may," "will," "should," "would," "could," "potential," "continue," "ongoing," similar expressions, and variations or negatives of these words. Examples of such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements about the demand for 10GbE converged controller solutions, our position in that space, and the timing of volume production for the BCM57800, BCM57810 and BCM57840 converged controller solutions. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future results and are subject to risks, uncertainties and assumptions that could cause our actual results to differ materially and adversely from those expressed in any forward-looking statement.
Important factors that may cause such a difference for
- Delays in the adoption and acceptance of industry standards;
- the rate at which our present and future customers and end-users adopt
Broadcom's technologies and products in the markets;
- problems or delays that we may face in shifting our products to smaller geometry process technologies and in achieving higher levels of design integration; and
- the timing of customer-industry qualification and certification of our products and the risks of non-qualification or non-certification.
Additional factors that may cause
Our Annual Report on Form 10-K, subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, recent Current Reports on Form 8-K, and other
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything®, and the Connecting everything logo, are among the trademarks of
News Provided by Acquire Media