Designed in a low power 40 nanometer (40nm) CMOS silicon process, the Persona ICE family, which includes the BCM11311, consists of dual-core 1GHz+ ARM® Cortex A9 processors integrated with
Broadcomhas created a unique connected home platform by integrating key industry-standards and proprietary technologies from its home, infrastructure and handheld businesses such as DLNA® and Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Wi-Fi Direct™. The connected home platform enables seamless interaction of devices enabled by Persona ICE with other devices in the connected home such as set top boxes (STBs), smart televisions, mobile phones, smart appliances and smart grid applications.
- The new Persona ICE platform includes:
- Single or dual-core ARM Cortex A9 cores at GHz+ frequencies that incorporate the ARM Neon™ 128 bit SIMD (single instruction, multiple data) engine, important for delivering flexible, powerful acceleration and low power operation for consumer multimedia applications such as Adobe Flash®.
Broadcom's industry-leading VideoCore IV intelligent mobile multimedia processor subsystem that delivers full HD videoconferencing capabilities and dual-camera support. This core has the ability to render 3D mobile games natively at up to 1080p resolution which in combination with an HDMI output, allows a console-quality gaming experience on large screen HDTVs.
- Tightly integrated software that is architected specifically to leverage the Persona ICE hardware architecture. The Linux®-based Broadcom MediaxChange™ software enables hardware-accelerated, high performance and low power voice, video and multimedia integration into a variety of high-level operating systems such as
Broadcom's position as a wireless connectivity market leader, all Broadcom® Persona ICE solutions incorporate Broadcom's industry-leading connectivity and interoperability technologies. Broadcom's industry-leading Bluetooth®, Wi-Fi®, and GPS, connectivity products are pre-integrated into the Persona ICE platform, enabling OEMs to efficiently add best-in-class wireless technologies and expanded functionality for next generation Tablets. Broadcom's InConcert® co-existence technology applies interference mitigation techniques to make its leading wireless technologies work better together.
Subscribe to RSS Feed:
Broadcom RSS News Feed
Email Alert Subscription
Other Supporting Resources:
Mobile and Wireless Product Information
A FORTUNE 500® company,
Cautions regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
All statements included or incorporated by reference in this release, other than statements or characterizations of historical fact, are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations, estimates and projections about our industry and business, management's beliefs, and certain assumptions made by us, all of which are subject to change. Forward-looking statements can often be identified by words such as "anticipates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "predicts," "believes," "seeks," "estimates," "may," "will," "should," "would," "could," "potential," "continue," "ongoing," similar expressions, and variations or negatives of these words. Examples of such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, the demand for high performance applications processors for multimedia and Tablet applications, our position in that
space and our continued collaboration with
Important factors that may cause such a difference for
- The rate at which our present and future customers and end-users adopt
Broadcom's technologies and products in the applications processor space;
- The gain or loss of a key customer, design win or order;
- Our ability to timely and accurately predict market requirements and evolving industry standards and to identify opportunities in new markets;
- The timing of customer-industry qualification and certification of our products and the risks of non-qualification or non-certification; and
- Competitive pressures and other factors such as the qualification, availability and pricing of competing products and technologies and the resulting effects on sales and pricing of our products.
Additional factors that may cause
Our Annual Report on Form 10-K, subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, recent Current Reports on Form 8-K, and other
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything®, the Connecting everything logo, InConcert®, Persona®, SmartAudio®, VideoCore® and MediaxChange™ are among the trademarks of
News Provided by Acquire Media