- Self-contained Wi-Fi subsystem with embedded processor, a streamlined and simple connectivity API and complete software development environment allows manufacturers to incorporate wireless connectivity into a broad range of products that previously did not feature networking capability
- Breakthrough "self-hosted" Wi-Fi and networking software stack eliminates impact on host processor to manage connectivity in resource-constrained devices
- Platform enables simplified Wi-Fi integration in MCU-based systems and creates new opportunities for Wi-Fi proliferation into emerging markets
The new Wi-Fi module, featuring the Broadcom® BCM4319 wireless
The WICED platform enables Wi-Fi in several emerging markets including connected appliances, smart energy systems, and cloud-based health and home management services.
- Home Appliances: When WICED is integrated into appliances such as washing machines and air conditioners, users can monitor energy consumption and control the products either at home or remotely.
- Consumer Electronics: WICED modules can be easily designed into portable consumer electronics like digital cameras and audio products for file sharing and access to internet-based storage and applications.
- Cloud-Based Services: Because of its low power and small size, WICED solutions can be built into sensors and monitors for remote and cloud-based healthcare, fitness and security capabilities.
Modules based on
Product Highlights/Key Facts:
- WICED leverages
Broadcom's advanced Wi-Fi technology and products. Key product features and benefits include:
- The BCM4319 single-chip 802.11a/b/g /n solution, with radio, MAC, baseband and integrated power amplifier (PA). A complete development kit with software debugger, compiler and test board is also available.
- Easy-to-use software development and applications library with an innovative application programming interface (API) that reduces development complexity required to access and utilize advanced Wi-Fi capabilities.
- Serial-to-Wi-Fi API enables high-speed TCP/IP throughput of greater than 20 megabits per second that enables advanced applications and support for key I/O interfaces, including USB, UART, SPI and SDIO.
- Built-in support for Wi-Fi Direct and Wi-Fi Protected Set-up allow end users to get connected simply and securely.
"There are two important 'smart' networks under development, one that connects homes to power grids and other networks, and another that connects electric devices within the home.
"The spectacular growth of smartphones with Wi-Fi is providing constant consumer connectivity which is enabling the emergence of connected appliances, in-home medical monitoring and 'Cloud' based connected services for home and lifestyle management. As the undisputed leader in connectivity for consumer electronic devices,
News Provided by Acquire Media