- Transforms installed base of almost 2 billion non-connected digital TVs worldwide* into Internet-connected Smart TVs.
- Fuels Internet and Apps everywhere with key home networking integration including Wi-Fi, MoCA, HomePlug and Ethernet.
- Opens way to multi-screen entertainment experiences with integrated DLNA, Wi-Fi Display and NFC for quick, convenient content sharing from mobile devices and tablets.
- Delivers hybrid TV and OTT streaming services.
Broadcom's BCM72xx SoC portfolio features a turnkey software platform capable of supporting a wide range of traditional linear TV, such as terrestrial, satellite, and cable sources, with streaming content delivered over the Internet.
- Key designs include:
- BCM7219 supports basic hybrid TV and OTT services.
- BCM7220 adds OpenGL ES 2.0 support for a rich, on-screen 3D graphical user interface and guide.
- BCM7221 adds 3D TV MVC support with a more powerful application CPU to enable additional services such as video conferencing.
- BCM7425 features dual HD decoding and dual transcoding support for streaming simultaneous video broadcast content to multiple devices.
Broadcom's multi-application, multi-process, and multi-framework software architecture supports the large and growing number of connected applications. The architecture provides a flexible platform that easily allows for customization while managing multiple applications to ensure optimum use of available hardware resources. The frameworks supported include:
- Web 2.0 Broadcom Web Application Framework
- Adobe™ AIR for the Digital Home
"As an existing OTT partner with
"OTT video is continuing to grow, overcoming the barriers of low device connect rates and cumbersome user interfaces. Even stronger growth of Internet Video-on-Demand (iVOD) and Electronic Sell-Through (EST) video services is possible if device manufacturers and digital retailers can put together a simpler, plug-n-play solution for getting online video to the TV (web-to-TV)."
Subscribe to RSS Feed:
"As a leader in powering innovative TV experiences in the home,
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything® and the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of
Director, Investor Relations
News Provided by Acquire Media