Broadcom® Launches First 5G WiFi DOCSIS® 3.0 Cable Gateway Platform
Delivers Dramatic Wireless Speed and Range Benefits for Superior Whole-Home Coverage
- Delivers DOCSIS 3.0-based 16x4 speeds over wireless throughout the home
- Enables cable operators to deliver reliable whole-home coverage
- Allows users to concurrently stream high-bandwidth content to multiple wireless devices
Digital content consumption is on a steep incline as consumers watch video on more devices and in more places around the home. With this new platform, consumers can reliably stream high quality HD video content concurrently to a variety of wireless devices such as tablets, smartphones, PCs and connected TVs throughout the home.
- The Broadcom® BCM3383 DOCSIS 3.0 cable gateway platform coupled with the BCM4360 5G WiFi solution delivers DOCSIS 3.0-based 16x4 speeds over wireless throughout the entire home.
- Advanced 5G WiFi beamforming technology significantly improves wireless coverage and eliminates dead spots in a subscriber's home, reducing the probability of costly support calls or truck rolls.
- Multi-processor architecture delivers more than 2100 DMIPS. Other main features include:
- Dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi: with simultaneous 2.4 GHz and 5G WiFi WLAN support, BCM3383-based gateways can offer backwards compatibility for existing devices while enabling users to concurrently experience the benefits of high performance 802.11ac technology.
- Full-Band Capture digital tuning technology: integrated on-chip technology directly samples and digitizes the entire 1GHz downstream spectrum of a cable plant, providing access to any channel anywhere.
- Applications processor: expands the capability of the modem and supports advanced applications without impacting the voice and gateway performance.
For more information on 5G WiFi, visit www.5gwifi.org.
News Provided by Acquire Media