- Demonstrates full network portfolio of switch, processors, wireless infrastructure and microwave solutions
- Unveils new DFE development platform for faster system deployment and lower cost of ownership
- Best of 4G World Awards winner for BCM56240 small cell solution
Spanning the network—from the access point to the edge, to the aggregation and the core—Broadcom's high-bandwidth, end-to-end solutions support the mobile experience consumers crave with high quality voice connections, faster app downloads and uninterrupted video streaming.
The new BCM51030 DFE development board is designed to speed development of multi-protocol radio systems for macro and small cell base stations. The board ships with the components for a complete transmit loop, with the exception of the customer's selected driver and power amplifier (PA). Boards are now available with 1, 2 or 4 transmit channels and can support any protocol combination, any PA technology or architecture, and any frequency band with appropriate analog filter.
Best of 4G Award Winner
The Best of 4G Awards recognize leaders in the development and deployment of 4G technologies.
- Exponential wireless traffic growth, limited spectrum challenging networks/driving need for new solutions1
- Greater than
$600Min processor SAM for wireless infrastructure expected by 20152
- Greater than
- Move to LTE and multi-mode operation forcing need for 2x2 or higher MIMO
- Nine million subscribers are on LTE today out of 3.6 billion cellular users worldwide3
- 15 million macro transceiver TX and RX DFE channels expected to ship by 20164
- HetNet deployments to solve spectrum issues require scalability (2-16+ antennas, low-high bandwidths)
- Small cell solution adoptions for increased spectrum reuse with integrated 3G, 4G and WiFi support
1 CISCO Visual Networking Index, 2012
2 Linley Group's High Performance Embedded Processor Report, 2011
3 Rick Merritt, EE Times,
4 Mobile Experts Macro Base Station Transceiver Report, 2012
Broadcom Trade Press Contact
Broadcom Investor Contact
Senior Director, Investor Relations
News Provided by Acquire Media