Broadcom Delivers Industry's Smallest Quad 10GBASE-T PHY
Lowest Power in 23 x 23mm Package Enables Single Row Top-of-Rack Design for Cloud-Scale and Mega Data Center Networks
- Delivers 50 percent lower power than previous generation
- Optimized as companion device to StrataXGS® Trident Switch Series
- Forward compatibility to 28 nanometer (nm) ensures scalability and preserves customer investments
As demands for greater processing power and performance impose on rack space, OEM and ODM system designers must reduce footprint and power consumption. Designed as a companion device to
Offering the industry's smallest footprint with a 23 x 23mm package, the BCM84848 PHY allows sufficient space for QSFP uplinks and 10GBASE-T RJ45 connectors, providing OEMs with a distinct competitive advantage. Forward compatibility to next-generation 28nm process ensures scalability and preserves customer investments, eliminating the need to redesign the board when moving to the next node.
The BCM84848 PHY features Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) technology for multiple speeds including 10GBASE-T, 1000BASE-T and 100BASE-TX, expanding energy savings throughout the network by automatically reducing power consumption during periods of no activity.
- Robust operation over 100 meter Category 6a cables with industry standard 4-pair magnetics
- Lower total cost of ownership with auto-negotiation that reduces system administration costs
- IEEE 1588v2 with one-step timestamp insertion provides high accuracy timing
- IEEE 802.1ae MACsec provides link layer security
- Supports multiple speeds including 10GBASE-T, 1000BASE-T and 100BASE-TX with EEE supported on all three speeds
The BCM84848 PHY is now sampling with production volume slated for the first quarter of 2013.
"With the BCM84848 PHY,
"With demands imposed by cloud-based services, networking infrastructure requires low power, high performance solutions optimized to accelerate network speeds. By enabling 48 ports of downlink and four QSFP uplinks in a compact single-row design,
150 percent reduction as compared to previous generation
Manager, Public Relations
Senior Director, Investor Relations
News Provided by Acquire Media