- First 28nm heterogeneous knowledge-based processor delivers up to 24x greater performance1
- Integrated NetRouteTM technology enables support for IPv6 with lowest power profile
- Deterministic high-performance, independent of database complexity
Continued exponential growth in hosted services, coupled with emerging trends such as Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Open Flow, is driving the demand for increased classification, forwarding and security processing throughout the network. In addition, the industry's migration from IPv4 to IPv6 to accommodate the growing number of connected mobile devices is resulting in 4x larger knowledge databases for Layers 2-4 processing. Combined, these factors require knowledge-based processors with significantly higher performance, larger knowledge databases and lower power profiles.
In addition to delivering the highest performance, the combination of
- Increase in services provided by carriers impacting amount of processing (searches) per packet
- Increased demand for more complex processing including application recognition
- Transition to IPv6 driving the growth in size of forwarding and access control list tables3
- Emergence of OpenFlow standards and Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Concurrently delivers up to 24x higher performance, 2.4x knowledge database capacity per device4
- 2.4 billion decisions per second (BDPS) to address growing line rates for IPv4 and IPv6 packets
- High-speed serial links for enhanced communication from KBP to system packet processors
- Includes 12.5 Gbps SerDes for 300 Gbps aggregate bandwidth
- Dual-port mode for off-the shelf network processors, FPGAs and customer ASICs
- Improved search flexibility with Context Buffers and Key Processing Unit (KPU)
- Range Encoding Engine (REE) delivers efficient database compaction for access control lists
- Support for on-chip associated data for search tables to enable lowest system latency
"Concurrently achieving high performance and deterministic low latency irrespective of the search database size or complexity is the differentiator for
1 Up to 24x greater performance than competing solutions.
2 Supports up to 2 million IPv6 routes at deterministic performance and deterministic latency of 2.4 billion searches per second.
4 2.4x greater capacity for linear performance; 9.6x larger database capacity with cascading devices than competing solutions.
Broadcom Trade Press Contact
Broadcom Investor Contact
Senior Director, Investor Relations
News Provided by Acquire Media