By combining the Broadcom® BCM7241 IPTV STB SoC with the BCM43526 5G WiFi solution,
- Dramatically improved range and coverage : 5G WiFi delivers high-capacity, advanced error-correction and interoperable beam-forming technology to significantly improve wireless coverage and eliminate dead spots in a subscriber's home, reducing the instances of costly support calls or truck rolls.
- Full WiFi Display Miracast™ support: Coupled with the dramatic power savings that 5G WiFi delivers for mobile devices, Miracast support allows content to seamlessly come alive on the big screen.
- Small footprint: Integrates both the STB and wireless chips in an ultra-small form factor design. Also includes optimized internal antenna design within a compact case that can be mounted horizontally or vertically.
- High performance : The BCM43526 2x2 antenna arrangement supports up to 2x the throughput of existing Wi-Fi solutions. The BCM7241 features 5000DMIPS total processing power, 1080p60 decode and OpenGL 2.0 support to provide a powerful solution for multi-room DVR and enables new services such as browsing, gaming and OTT.
- Easy install : Small form factor and wireless capability allow for simple setup and placement anywhere in the home enabling easy customer install.
The BCM7421+ BCM43526 wireless on motherboard (WOMBO) reference design is available now and can be ordered with the following part number: BCM97241USFF_V20.
For more information on
Broadcom® , the pulse logo, Connecting everything® and the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of
Public Relations Manager
Senior Director, Investor Relations
News Provided by Acquire Media