- New family of HomePlug AV2 devices designed for residential gateways, set-top boxes, PLC-Wi-Fi Extenders and PLC adapters to deliver Gigabit-class speeds over existing powerlines in the home
- Up to 5x faster throughput and up to 2x coverage over currently available HomePlug AV1 solutions
- Fully interoperable with more than 100 million field-deployed HomePlug AV and HomePlug Green PHY devices
- Enables telcos with a robust and cost-effective solution for multi-room HD DVR connectivity
HomePlug AV2 adopts several technical advances over the previous standard, to achieve a physical layer rate of 1.5Gbps versus 200Mbps with HomePlug AV, and to offer significantly stronger performance coverage throughout the home. HomePlug AV2 specifies an extended frequency band of up to 86 MHz, where it was previously limited to 30 MHz in HomePlug AV. HomePlug AV2 also introduces Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) — a technology that is already deployed by users of
These advances make powerline communications a powerful and easy-to-implement home networking option, using a home's existing electrical outlets. In addition,
Key Features of the BCM60500 and BCM60333
- Fully interoperable with all HomePlug AV2 profiles, which include 750 Mbps SISO and 1.5 Gbps MIMO physical layer rates
HomePlug Alliance’s forthcoming nVoy Certification for the IEEE1905.1 standard to provide intelligent, multi-mode home networking
- Facilitates PLC-Wi-Fi hybrid networks used for improving link quality and coverage between the broadband gateway and STB
- Also supports push-button simple connect and authentication procedures for PLC-Wi-Fi extenders
- Native support for TR-069 remote management
- Minimizes overall design costs with an integrated Gigabit Ethernet PHY, an additional RGMII/MII interface for connecting to broadband gateway and STB SoCs, a PCIe interface for connecting to Wi-Fi chipsets, and integrated linear and switching voltage regulators to reduce external components
Meets all regulatory power requirements including
EuP Lot6 and the CENELEC 50561-1 standard
About HomePlug AV2
HomePlug AV2 brings new features to HomePlug AV that provides significant increases in throughput and coverage performance. New physical layer features include
About nVoy Technology
nVoy networking enables hybrid networks using any combination of Wi-Fi, HomePlug, MoCA and/or Ethernet networking technologies. Features of nVoy networking include advanced diagnostics supported locally or remotely with TR-069, topology discovery, simplified security setup, automatic configuration of Wi-Fi access points and link metrics. Consumers will benefit from the consistent authentication procedures defined by nVoy networking to enable very simple self-installation of hybrid home networks for wired and wireless devices. nVoy networking provides these features for new devices while maintaining backward interoperability with widely deployed HomePlug, Wi-Fi, MoCA and Ethernet devices already in consumers' homes.
The Broadcom BCM60500 and BCM60333 SoCs are currently sampling.
1 HomePlug AV delivers 200Mbps physical layer rate; HomePlug AV2 delivers 1.5Gbps physical layer rate.
News Provided by Acquire Media