Broadcom Launches Enhanced 5G WiFi Video Streaming for the Home
Amplifies Quality of HD Video Streaming in Routers, Gateways, Set-top Boxes, Digital TVs and Gaming Platforms
- Industry's first 5G WiFi 2x2
MIMOcombo chip for digital televisions delivers 3X bandwidth to ensure seamless streaming for high-bandwidth applications
- Powerful 3x3
MIMO802.11ac chip for routers, gateways and set-top boxes frees up the host CPU for applications such as HD video streaming
- Beamforming and advanced coexistence architecture enable faster, more reliable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth experience in a wider range in the home
Consumers are streaming video content to multiple devices in the home using various applications and content delivery services. Legacy technologies limit the ability to support the evolving bandwidth and Quality of Service (QoS) needed for the intensive connected home lifestyle. For example, using Bluetooth- and Wi-Fi-enabled devices such as remotes, speakers and game controllers can reduce available Wi-Fi bandwidth and cause interference when playing an online game or streaming a movie from a tablet to a smart TV. The BCM43569 is the industry's first dual-band 2x2
Routers, gateways and set-top boxes rely heavily on the platform's host CPU processing power to deliver HD content over 5G WiFi to multiple devices in the home.
"As the first company to deliver 5G WiFi across all product segments,
"By the end of 2014, 802.11ac is expected to be included in more than 50 percent of total Wi-Fi ICs shipped," said
Key Features and Benefits:
- The BCM43569 is a dual-band 2x2
MIMOcombo chip (5G WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1) for media platforms such as digital televisions and over-the-top media boxes. Highlights include:
- Industry's first chip to include a common USB port for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and integrated Power Amplifiers (iPA) across both bands, significantly reducing system cost and enabling OEMs to offer connectivity on more platforms
- Delivers 3X bandwidth for seamless streaming or gaming
- Separate Bluetooth low-noise amplifier (LNA) coupled with customized Wi-Fi and Bluetooth coexistence algorithms allow Bluetooth gaming, audio and motion peripherals to perform in challenging environments
- Broadcom Media Stack (BMS) enables innovative connectivity software features like TVSelect, audio over Wi-Fi, seamless gaming and Miracast for a rich DTV experience
- Interface: USB 3.0 and USB 2.0
- The BCM43602 is a 3x3
MIMO802.11ac chip designed for access/DSL/Cable/STB platforms. Highlights include:
- Ability to achieve full 802.11ac (900 Mbps TCP) throughput on CPU constrained systems
- Simplified WLAN software integration with host
- Entire WLAN driver runs inside of the BCM43602, freeing up host CPU for applications such as video streaming
- Pin-compatible, drop in and full feature replacement to
Broadcom'sindustry leading BCM4360, in production across multiple retail and service provider customers
- Ability to enable low power standby modes.
- Interface: PCIe
The BCM43569 and BCM43602 are now sampling.
For more information on 5G WiFi, visit http://www.broadcom.com/products/features/5gwifi.php.
Senior Manager, Public Relations
Senior Director, Investor Relations
News Provided by Acquire Media