With the most competitive BOM cost and smallest PCB footprint, the BCM20797 helps OEMs to seamlessly and cost-effectively integrate NFC into smaller form factor mobile devices and wearables. The new BCM20797 also includes an innovative new capability called Virtual Execution Environment (VEE), which greatly improves performance of host card emulation (HCE). VEE reduces HCE transactions to half their time, improves security without the need for a secure element (SE), and can perform transactions with the host off so users can still make a transaction when their device is powered off.
The BCM20797 leads the industry with a 6cm transaction range with a 10x10mm2 antenna. Because it has low spurious emissions, the controller does not require additional filters, making its BOM cost 30 percent lower and PCB footprint 50 percent smaller than competitive solutions. The BCM20797 also has a proprietary feature that reduces power consumption by 50 percent when polling for a tag.
- Supports ISO/IEC 18092, ISO/IEC 21481, ISO/IEC 14443 Types A, B, and B', Japanese Industrial Standard (JIS) (X) 6319-4, and ISO/IEC 15693 standards
- Improved reader mode range for all tag types with a Tx drive up to 1W
- Supports Reader/Writer (R/W) mode, Active and Passive Peer (P2P) mode and Tag/Card Emulation mode
- Enhances Low-Power Target Detection (LPTD) mode and
Broadcomproprietary Reverse Low-Power Target Detection (rLPTD) for extremely low average current consumption
- Supports FeliCa and MIFARE®
- Supports latest NFC forum specifications, NFC Controller Interface NCI 2.0 backwards compatible with NCI 1.1
The BCM20797 is currently sampling.
Senior Manager, Public Relations
Director, Investor Relations
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/broadcom-announces-industrys-highest-performing-nfc-controller-for-mobile-payments-and-transit-applications-300197853.html
News Provided by Acquire Media