Single-Chip Bluetooth® 3.0 HCI Solution
The Broadcom BCM2070 is a monolithic, single-chip, stand-alone baseband processor with a high performance integrated 2.4-GHz RF transceiver. It is fully compliant with Bluetooth 3.0 and all prior standard features. Processed using advanced 65-nm LP CMOS technology, the BCM2070 offers an unmatched integrated solution with the smallest footprint and lowest cost of implementing a Bluetooth system.
The use of the advanced 65-nm process enables the BCM2070 to achieve Broadcom's smallest package size and lowest possible current consumption in all modes of operation. The BCM2070 has an architecture that has been designed to take advantage of the High Speed standard. Its superior integrated RF design enables much higher output power and lower input sensitivity, which makes the BCM2070 the ideal solution to support all Bluetooth modes. The built-in Class 1 PA, which is capable of transmitting +10 dBm output power, can be enabled with 2.5V power supply. Together with Broadcom's leading Packet Loss Concealment (PLC) technology, which reduces packet loss and bit error rates, the BCM2070 can effectively combat interference and reduce dropped connections that result from distance and physical obstructions. These translate directly into higher and more reliable throughput, greater link-range and superior audio performance.
- Broadcom's smallest package, lowest power consumption, and highest performance Bluetooth 3.0 solution
- Maximizes range and simplifies system integration by providing exceptional output power and receiver sensitivity
- Processed with 65-nm LP CMOS technology
- Built-in power amplifier to support class 1 transmit output power
- Multi-A2DP music streaming to up to five Bluetooth stereo headsets
- Packet loss concealment for superior voice quality