Low-Power 802.11n with Bluetooth® 2.1 + EDR and FM (Tx and Rx)
The Broadcom BCM4329 integrates a complete IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n system (MAC/baseband/radio) with Bluetooth® 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate), and FM radio receiver and transmitter. By combining several proven wireless technologies onto a single silicon die, the BCM4329 enables mobile devices to support today's toughest media applications -- without impacting device size or battery life.
The BCM4329 eliminates the barriers of adding the latest wireless connectivity features to small, battery-operated devices. In addition to bringing greater Wi-Fi throughput and coverage to mobile consumer electronics, the BCM4329 is Broadcom's smallest and lowest cost dual-band 802.11n solution. It features integrated 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WLAN CMOS power amplifiers, which reduce BoM costs while maintaining superior performance. The BCM4329 also utilizes advanced design techniques and process technologies to reduce active and idle power consumption and extend battery life.
- Broadcom's most integrated 65 nm single-chip combo device with single-band (2.4 GHz) 802.11b/g/n or dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) 802.11a/b/g/n, plus Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR and FM receiver and transmitter features
- Offers one of the industry's most advanced Bluetooth/Wi-Fi coexistence technologies to ensure the best possible user experience
- Full featured, on-chip Power Management Unit supporting direct battery (2.3V to 5.5V) connection
- Bluetooth Core Specification Version 2.1 + EDR compliant with provisions supporting future specifications and Bluetooth Class 1 or Class 2 transmitter operation
- Supports 802.11n performance and range features, such as Space Time Block Coding (STBC), Short Gual Interval (SGI), A-MPDU aggregation, Block Ack, Greenfield, RIFS