HD Cable SoC with Integrated MoCA® 1.1
The Broadcom BCM7125 is a single-chip, multi-format HD cable STB solution featuring high levels of integration including an integrated Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA®) 1.1 core, HD AVC, dual 1GHz cable tuners and HD DOCSIS 2.0 compatible modems with 3.0 channel bonding over 4 downstream channels. This level of integration and performance enables worldwide service providers to offer the latest in connectivity, HDTV programming and advanced 3D user interfaces to their subscribers while significantly reducing power requirements, complexity and overall bill of materials (BOM) cost.
Integrated MoCA technology enables service providers to deploy whole-home digital media distribution and connected TV services such as multi-room DVR. The BCM7125 allows multiple users to store, time shift or access content from media servers or residential gateways for playback on STBs anywhere in the home, driving the transition to a more connected and interactive home network environment.
- Integrated MoCA 1.1 core, DOCSIS 2.0 compatible modems with 3.0 channel bonding over 4 downstream channels, dual 1GHz cable tuners and 3D user interfaces
- 3D graphics engine for an advanced user interface
- Dynamic power management controllers that provide a very power efficient ecosystem, capable of shutting down unused system components in real-time and supports Energy Star®
- Support for the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA®) Interoperability Guidelines to facilitate the easy sharing of digital content between DLNA-enabled devices, allowing a seamless experience for sharing and enjoying digital media and content services throughout the home
- Support for Tru2Way Cablecard, Native UI, OpenCable Application Platform (OCAP), the Adobe Flash® Platform for the Digital Home