HD Cable Converter Box Solution
The BCM7581 is a 40nm HD Cable STB system-on-a-chip (SoC) solution that meets the growing international demand for entry level HD set-top box platforms. BCM7581 features unprecedented levels of integration and advanced technology to meet the needs of cable operators across the globe. Leveraging Broadcom's industry leading portfolio of digital cable solutions, these new products add higher performance processing while lowering power consumption to Broadcom's lowest cost HD STB platforms.
- With a highly integrated, scalable and cost-effective design, the 40nm BCM7581 and BCM7582 cable STB platforms reduce design complexity, power consumption, size, and overall system costs to enable greater deployment of HD digital cable boxes throughout the world. Key integrated features include:
- High-performance CPU with Floating Point Unit and 2D GPU supporting all popular middleware and user interface solutions
- 1GHz DVB-C tuner with the advanced RF receiver technology to support the widely varying cable systems worldwide
- FastRTV® fast channel change technology to uniquely reduce channel change time improving customer satisfaction
- High-performance audio processor supporting all popular advanced audio formats and Broadcom automatic volume leveling technology
- Dynamic and very efficient power management system capable of managing power usage in real-time exceeding international power efficiency requirements