Single-Chip 3G HSUPA Multimedia Baseband Processor
HSUPA Processor Integrates Powerful OpenGL® 2.0 Graphics Core and Advanced Applications Processor
Designed in Broadcom's proven 65 nanometer CMOS process, the '3G phone-on-a-chip' enables manufacturers to build low cost, low power, next generation 3G HSUPA phones with breakthrough features, sleek form factors and very long battery lives. Utilizing an integrated ARM11 processor that is capable of running popular open operating systems (such as Windows Mobile and Android), the BCM21553 HSUPA baseband processor can run innovative new applications and download media files at a much faster speed, resulting in sophisticated and affordable handsets, and a more satisfying smartphone experience.
The BCM21553 baseband processor enables the next generation of smartphones by supporting 3GPP (3rd Generation Partnership Project) release 6 and 7, that provides up to 5.8 Mbps (Megabits per second) of upstream connectivity, 7.2 Mbps of downstream connectivity and supports next generation CS (circuit switches) over HSPA services. It includes Broadcom's PRISM (programmable interference suppression module) technology which mitigates interference from radio signals emanating from neighboring cells to provide higher performance gains in high interference environments where they're needed the most. The BCM21553 also integrates a high performance 3D graphics core with full support for the OpenGL ES 2.0 graphics standard, providing rich 2D and 3D graphics for applications and advanced user interfaces. The powerful graphics core built into the BCM21553 baseband processor is based on Broadcom's advanced multimedia technology, providing video support up to HVGA quality, an 8 megapixel camera, and the ability to encode and decode H.264 video at 30 fps (frames per second).
- Single-chip, single-die, 7.2 DPA/5.8 UPA HSPA baseband processor with integrated multimedia acceleration, full mixed-signal audio, high-speed USB, and dual high-performance applications and communications CPU
- Advanced, release 6/7-compliant, 7.2 Mbps HSDPA, 5.8 Mbps HSUPA modem with Class 32 EDGE
- Supports advanced functionality like Broadcom's PRISM advance receiver capabilities, including intercell interference cancellation
- Supports release 7 features such as CPC, enhanced Cell_ FACH, enhanced F-DPCH, and UEA2/UIA2 ciphering
- Supports WB-AMR (3G) voice calls
- Utilizes the low-cost, low-power, 65 nm digital CMOS process
- Up to 8 MP JPEG camera sensors with MIPI serial interface