Mass-Market 3G HSDPA Android Baseband
The BCM2157 HSDPA baseband processor enables manufacturers to produce affordable 3G Android mobile handsets with advanced smartphone features. Utilizing a dedicated ARM11 500 MHz processor, the BCM2157 HSDPA baseband supports multi-touch with advanced multimedia technology, providing video support up to WQVGA quality, a 5 megapixel camera, and the ability to encode and decode H.264 video at 30 fps (frames per second).
The BCM2157 baseband enables 7.2 Mbps of downstream connectivity and includes Broadcom's PRISM (programmable interference suppression module) technology that mitigates interference from radio signals emanating from neighboring cells to provide higher performance gains in high interference environments where they're needed the most. The BCM2157 modem also features 3G Dual SIM/Dual Standby technology and supports AMR-WB voice calls over 3G networks.
The BCM2157 Android Platform also integrates Broadcom's Broadcom connectivity suite, featuring industry leading Bluetooth®, Wi-Fi® and GPS solutions, including InConcert® technology that makes these various technologies work better together. Broadcom's InConcert® technology enables a robust portable Wi-Fi hotspot to be hosted by a BCM2157-based handset, serving up to 8 users while the handset user can concurrently browse & download from the web, watch streaming video or engage in a Bluetooth-based phone call.
- Single-chip, single-die, 7.2Mbps HSDPA baseband processor with integrated multimedia acceleration, full mixed-signal audio, high-speed USB, and dual high-performance applications and communications CPU
- Advanced, release 5/6-compliant, 7.2 Mbps HSDPA modem with Class 32 EDGE
- Supports Broadcom's PRISM advanced receiver capabilities, including intercell interference cancellation
- Supports WB-AMR (3G) voice calls
- 3G Dual SIM / Dual Standby
- Portable WiFi Hotspot Support
- InConcert® wireless connectivity technology supporting fully concurrent usage
- Supports Android 2.2 (Froyo)
- Up to HVGA display
- Utilizes the low-cost, low-power, 65 nm digital CMOS process