Advanced Low-Cost HSPA/EDGE Multimedia Baseband Processor
The BCM21654 baseband processor provides efficient, low-power cellular communications with cost-efficient multimedia and applications processing for entry-level 3G handsets. Built on an advanced low-power 40 nm lithography process, the BCM21654 incorporates a high-performance ARM® Cortex A9 applications processor, and supports efficient graphics, video, and image processing through its multimedia subsystem, which is based on Broadcom's VideoCore® IV technology. The BCM21654 also supports advanced 3G and 2G cellular communications capabilities, incorporating a 3GPP Release 7 modem with support for 5.8 Mbps HSUPA, 7.2 Mbps HSDPA, and Class 33 EDGE capabilities.
The BCM21654 is the baseband processor used on advanced, low-cost, 3G cellular platforms that include a BCM59039 power management unit and a BCM2091 2G/3G RFIC.
- Advanced 2G/3G modem with support for 5.8 Mbps HSUPA, 7.2 Mbps HSDPA, and Class 33 EDGE
- Advanced, cost-efficient applications processing subsystem
- ARM Cortex A9 processor up to 1 GHz
- Cost-optimized multimedia subsystem based on VideoCore 4 technology
- Support for 8 Mpixel (JPEG) imaging, 720p video playback, and accelerated 2D/3D graphics
- High performance memory and peripheral interfaces
- 400 MHz LPDDR2 memory interface
- High-speed e.MMC/SD/SDIO interfaces
- MIPI® CSI2 and MIPI DSI serial interfaces
- Advanced audio support
- MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC, WMA, and NB/WB AMR codecs
- Full integration of audio subsystem
- Very low power music playback capabilities