Dual-core HSPA+ Multimedia Baseband Processor
The BCM21664 is a HSPA+ baseband processor that incorporates a high-performance 1.0 GHz dual-core Cortex A9 applications processor and a HD multimedia engine, enabling advanced performance for low-cost mass-market smartphones. Using Broadcom's VideoCore ® IV multimedia technology, it provides cost-effective support for OpenGL® ES 2.0 3-D graphics processing, 5 Megapixel still imaging, and 720p HD video processing. The BCM21664 platform supports advanced HSPA+ and 2G cellular communications capabilities, incorporating a 3GPP Release 7-compliant modem with support for 5.8 Mbps HSUPA, 14 Mbps HSDPA and Class 33 EDGE capabilities.
The BCM21664 core chipset solution for HSPA+ handsets includes the BCM2093 2G/3G RF transceiver and the BCM59054 power management unit.
- Dual-core 1.0GHz Cortex-A9 ACPU
- Release 7 HSPA+ modem with support for 14 Mbps HSDPA, 5.8 Mbps HSUPA and Class 33 EDGE
- High quality H.264 HD (720p30) camcorder and video playback
- 5 Megapixel still imaging
- High-performance graphics based on VideoCore® multimedia technology for enhanced 3D gaming and graphics-rich applications
- Support for Dual-SIM handset designs