The BCM21664T is a HSPA+ baseband processor that incorporates a high-performance 1.2 GHz dual-core Cortex A9 applications processor and an enhanced HD multimedia engine, enabling advanced HD capabilities for mass-market smartphones. Using Broadcom's VideoCore® IV technology, it provides cost-effective support for OpenGL® ES 2.0 3D graphics processing, 8 Megapixel still imaging, and 1080p HD video processing. The BCM21664T solution supports advanced HSPA+ and 2G cellular communications capabilities, incorporating a 3GPP Release 7-compliant modem with support for 5.8 Mbps HSUPA, 21 Mbps HSDPA and Class 33 EDGE capabilities.
The BCM21664T core chipset solution for HSPA+ platforms includes the BCM2093 2G/3G RF transceiver and the BCM59054 power management unit.
- Dual-core 1.2GHz Cortex-A9 ACPU
- Release 7 HSPA+ modem with support for 21 Mbps HSDPA, 5.8 Mbps HSUPA and Class 33 EDGE
- High quality H.264 1080p video playback and 720p video capture
- 8 Megapixel still imaging
- High-performance graphics based on VideoCore multimedia technology for enhanced 3-D gaming and graphics-rich applications
- Support for Dual-SIM handset designs