Quad-core HSPA+ Multimedia Processor with Enhanced HD Multimedia
The BCM23550 is a HSPA+ baseband processor that incorporates a high-performance 1.2 GHz quad-core Cortex A7 applications processor and an enhanced HD multimedia engine, enabling full HD capabilities for mass-market smartphones. Using Broadcoms VideoCore® IV technology, it provides cost-effective support for OpenGL® ES 2.0 3D graphics processing, 12 Mpixel still imaging, and 1080p HD video capture and playback. The BCM23550 solution supports advanced HSPA+ and 2G cellular communications capabilities, incorporating a 3GPP Release 8-compliant modem with support for 5.8 Mbps HSUPA, 21 Mbps HSDPA, and Class 33 EDGE capabilities. Additionally, the BCM23550 enables superior voice call quality with support for Wideband-AMR (HD Voice) and advanced voice call quality enhancement technologies, including dual-mic noise cancellation.
The BCM23550 core chipset solution for HSPA+ platforms includes the BCM2093 2G/3G RF transceiver and the BCM59054 power management unit.
- Quad-core 1.2GHz Cortex-A7 ACPU
- Release 8 HSPA+ modem with support for 21 Mbps HSDPA, 5.8 Mbps HSUPA, and Class 33 EDGE
- High quality H.264 full HD (1080p30) camcorder and video playback
- 12-megapixel still imaging with integrated high-quality image sensor processor (ISP)
- High-performance graphics based on VideoCore multimedia technology for enhanced 3D gaming and graphics-rich applications
- Advanced dual-mic noise cancellation technology
- Support for Dual-SIM handset designs