Integrated Gigabit Ethernet Controller
The BCM57761 is a Broadcom NetXtreme® twelfth-generation 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet LAN controller solution for high-performance network applications. The device combines a triple-speed IEEE 802.3™-compliant MAC with a triple-speed Ethernet transceiver, x1 PCIe bus interface, and on-chip buffer memory in a single device. The BCM57761 is fabricated in a 65 nm CMOS process, providing a low-power system solution.
The device performs all the physical layer functions for 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-T, and 10BASE-T Ethernet on standard Category 5 UTP cable. Based on proven DSP technology, the device is a highly integrated solution combining digital adaptive equalizers, ADCs, PLLs, line drivers, echo cancellers, crosstalk cancellers, and all other required support circuitry. A full-featured MAC provides full-/half-duplex capability at all speeds.
- Integrated 10/100/1000BASE-T transceiver includes:
-10/100/1000BASE-T triple-speed media access controller (MAC)
-Compliant with IEEE standards
-Compliant with IEEE 802.3az draft for Energy Efficient Ethernet™ (EEE)
-State-of-the-art physical layer interface that exceeds IEEE requirements
-Jumbo frame support with up to 9.6 KB frame size
-EthernetAV protocols with IEEE 802.1AS, 1588-2008, IEEE P802.1Qat, and IEEE P802.1Qav support
- PCI Express® host interface with x1 PCIe™ v1.1, active state power management (ASPM) capability, and Message Signal Interrupt (MSI)
- Single-chip solution for LAN on Motherboard (LOM) applications
- Proven technology built on twelve generations of controller products
- Audio/Video Bridging (AVB) protocols over Ethernet compliant with IEEE 802.1AS, 1588, P802.1Qat, and P802.1Qav