Integrated Monolithic GNSS Receiver
Providing dual constellation support for GPS and GLONASS, the BCM47511 receiver offers faster signal searches, accurate real-time navigation and improved sensitivity in urban canyon environments, while using very low average power.
The BCM47511 is the latest generation of standalone, Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) solutions, adding GLONASS functionality while remaining pin-compatible to the popular BCM4751 GPS, so customers can quickly upgrade their products to include the benefits of GLONASS navigation support. The BCM47511 also supports the Space Based Augmentation (SBAS) and Quasi-Zenith Satellite System (QZSS) constellations to deliver the best possible navigation performance in any geography.
The BCM47511 provides an optimized standalone GNSS solution for smartphones, mobile handsets, personal digital assistants (PDAs), portable media players and portable navigation devices (PNDs).
- The GNSS core of the BCM47511 uses a host-based system architecture that splits processing functions between the GNSS chip and the host system CPU, significantly decreasing system cost, while allowing customization or optimization of GPS/GLONASS/QZSS/SBAS navigation software algorithms on the host. This software is compatible with Broadcom's existing GPS solutions, the BCM4750 and BCM4751, enabling rapid adoption while accelerating time-to-market
- The host-based architecture permits the GNSS software processing tasks to be divided among the chip and the host CPU, so that the BCM47511 performs most of the computationally intensive operations, leaving the host software to implement the final calculations that may be affected by carrier and platform specific requirements. As a result, processing demands on the host CPU are minimized and no real time requirements are imposed
- The BCM47511 provides low power consumption and an ultra low power tracking mode
- The BCM47511 also includes on-chip low drop-out (LDO) regulators to supply the GNSS TCXO and optional low noise amplifier (LNA), reducing overall bill-of-materials (BOM) cost
- Broadcom provides GNSS Location Library software API and GNSS protocol client software that gives designers complete access to the BCM47511's advanced capabilities