Single Chip DVB-T2 Receiver SoC for Digital Terrestrial TV
The Broadcom BCM7563 includes narrowband tuner technology and a T/T2 demodulator to address growing digital terrestrial TV (DTT) adoption.
Broadcom's new single chip design allows operators to address low-cost zapper deployments with live, linear broadcasts while also paving the way for the delivery of future Hybrid Pay-TV services. Operators can bring interactive and connected IP-based services such as Digital Video Recording (DVR), Video on Demand (VoD), advanced web browsers and shopping to their subscribers.
The BCM7563 is available in 15x15mm² and 19x19mm² packages.
- Integrates HD video decoder, CPU, graphics and audio engines with tuner and demodulator
- DVB-T, T2 and T2 Lite standards support
- High performance H.264, 1080p60 hardware video decoder with Multi-View Codec (MVC) support
- Flexible multimedia decode engine supporting a wide range of audio and internet video formats
- Additional tuners, USB and SDIO ports for DVR and time-shift buffering applications
- Complete IP stream processing with integrated Ethernet PHY for hybrid applications including HbbTV
- High performance applications processor plus a dedicated DVB-T2 acquisition processor
- High definition Graphics Engine with HD and SD video scalers
- High speed DDR3 memory interface
- Broadcom's Artemis software stack enables both linear and advanced hybrid TV content and services
- Industry leading conditional access systems and advanced digital rights management support