Near Field Communications (NFC) Controller Family
Broadcom is uniquely positioned to lead the Near field Communications (NFC) market with its vast intellectual property (IP) portfolio, connected ecosystem and expertise in developing standards-based, integrated solutions. The BCM2079x Family of chips is made up of NFC-compliant, highly integrated, low power, low cost, 40 nm NFC controllers. The standalone NFC controllers in this family are based on the world-recognized, best-in-class NFC IP from Broadcom. The BCM2079x Family includes the BCM20791, BCM20792 and BCM20793.
The BCM2079x Family is designed for low power mobile applications. The product family is based on over 15 years of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) and NFC experience. The IP base which comprises the BCM20791, BCM20792 and BCM20793 are the first solutions in a family of products that target the entire NFC ecosystem.
- Low power target detection mode reduces polling power consumption for longer battery life
- Support for field power harvesting allows the chip to draw energy from the environment so it can support transactions even if the phone battery has expired
- Industry's smallest size chip integrates more external components, reducing total solution BOM (bill of materials) costs
- Only NFC controller to integrate transaction-based Application ID (AID) routing for simultaneous support of multiple secure elements (both SIM and non-SIM) within a single device
- Easily pairs with Broadcom's InConcert® BCM4330 Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and FM combo chip for comprehensive connectivity solution
- Complete Broadcom software stack including Maestro™ middleware rounds out end-to-end solution for reduced design complexity, creative connectivity options and faster time to market