Quad-Port 10GBASE-T Transceiver, 23mm BGA
The Broadcom BCM84848 is a complete quad 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T and 10GBASE-T solution operating at 100m over CAT6a UTP cable. Its 23 x 23 mm BGA package permits 48-port 1RU switches to be implemented with the PHYs in a single row, with room remaining for 6 QSFP uplinks.
The BCM84848 offers lower power than our first-generation 40 nm 10GBASE-T PHYs while adding Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) for 1000BASE-T and 100BASE-TX, in addition to 10GBASE-T. Optional Adaptive Voltage Scaling (AVS) delivers a low power solution while enabling a low cost implementation. The BCM84848 is based on a highly advanced digital signal processor architecture to enable robust operations over worst case UTP cables.
- Small 23 x 23 mm package enables single-row PHY design for 48-port switches while offering forward compatible footprint
- Robust operation over 100m Cat6a cables with industry-standard 4-pair magnetics
- Auto-negotiation lowers system administration cost
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) now on 10GbE, GbE and 100MbE
- IEEE standard device interoperability: 100 Mbps, 1000 Mbps, and 10 Gbps