XLPII Processor Family: XLP500 and XLP500Lite Multi-core, Multithreaded, Third-Generation Processor
Broadcom's XLP® II 500 and 500Lite series multi-core processors incorporate breakthrough XLPII processor technology that integrates up to 32 NXCPUs and 80Gbps of application performance. They are part of a third-generation multi-core processor XLPII family using a 28nm process and innovative power-saving technologies. This latest processor features quad-issue, quad-threading and superior out-of-order execution CPU architecture with full virtualization support. It also provides the balance of power, performance and workload flexibility needed to meet the requirements of NFV offloading, SDN controller, security, storage and high-end control plane applications.
The XLPII 500/Lite series of processors are highly optimized and ideally suited for the 40-80Gbps computing platform for stringent performance, security, efficiency and scalability requirements of service provider, data center and enterprise networks. Along with other processors in the XLP II series — XLP900/700, XLP200/100 — it enables customers to develop a wide range of products under the same software platform and rapid time to market.
The series' optimized power and package fits into power and space constraint environment like base station, networking interface card (NIC) with more than 2x performance increase from previous generation XLP processors. With configurable 40GE/10GE I/Os, up to 16 lanes PCIE Gen3 and integrated CPUs, Cache & SOC (Algorithm Lookup, Network Acceleration, Crypto, RSA/ECC, DPI, Compression/Decompression, Wireless, RAID5/6, Dudupe) resources, the XLP500/Lite series is the first industry 40GE full programmable multi-core-based network interface card (NIC), it fits into COTS server and other appliances to deliver supreme performance and programmability. XLPII processor offers the highest compute resource and wired speed throughput processing capability for Switch and Router, Service Gateway, WLAN AC, DOCSIS 3.1/3.0 controller, NG Firewall, UTM & security appliance, Application or Content Delivery Network, Network Attached Storage (NAS), Storage Area Network (SAN) Controller, Control Plane, Base Station Controller, and Centralized-Radio Access Network (C-RAN),
- Two DDR3/DDR3L controllers with 34.1 GB/s total bandwidth
- Full end-to-end hardware virtualization support for the CPU cores, Memory, I/Os, hardware accelerators and on-chip interconnects. Supports hundreds of virtual machines (VMs), with protected memory, resources and I/Os, supports KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) and QEMU (open-sourced Quick EMUlater)
- Programmable Networking Acceleration Engines, including 16 micro-cores and integrated TCP off-loading, Packet Ordering, Traffic scheduling and shaping
- Complete encryption and authentication algorithms acceleration up to 20Gbps, support wide range of combination and modes for IPSEC, SSL/TLS, SRTP, DOCSIS3.0/3.1, wireless and storage security
- Integrated high performance future proof RSA1K, RSA2K, RSA4K, RSA8K and ECC acceleration to meet increasing HTTPS packet processing requirement
- Advanced deep-packet inspection (DPI) including DFA, NFA with grammar processing for complex rule set, enhanced for big string database processing
- High performance RAID5/6 engines and deduplication
- Dedicated 16 Lanes for PCIE Gen3, up to 128Gbps with high performance low latency DMA
- Integrated I/Os including XLAUIs/KR4, XFIs/KR, XAUIs/RXAUIs, SGMII/HS-SGMIIs, HiGig/HiGig2, PCIE 3.0, SATA3.0 and USB3.0/2.0
- IEEE 1588 hardware time stamping, SyncE, MACSec, and PFC support
- Power Gating per Core, integrated digital thermal sensor