StrataGX BCM58525 for Control Planes
Rising demand for cloud-based services in SMB and enterprise networks combined with the requirement to deliver compact, low-power equipment is driving the need for higher efficiency control plane processors at the network edge and aggregation layer. The StrataGX BCM58525 Series is ideal for demanding applications where power and real estate is at a premium, while providing advanced security features including IEEE MAC Security standard, also known as MACsec, cryptographic engines, an additional embedded ARM coprocessor and Secure Boot to protect the network from external threats.
The StrataGX BCM58525 Series, with dual-core ARM® Cortex-A9 processors running at up to 1.2 GHz, delivers the performance and security features necessary to manage SMB cloud-based services such as video conferencing, collaboration and surveillance, while reducing overall system power consumption.
The highly integrated StrataGX BCM58525 Series delivers the following key benefits:
- Widely adopted dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processors deliver 20 percent higher performance
- Integrated 10/100/1000M PHYs reduce bill of material cost and power
- Programmable accelerator offloads CPU for packet handling tasks delivering line-rate performance
- Integrated cryptographic accelerator provides 2 Gbps IPsec performance
- Dedicated packet buffer subsystem increases aggregate processor speed by 20 percent or more
- Leverages common architecture with StrataConnect/StrataXGS enabling software re-use
- Linux Development Kit (LDK) improves engineering productivity and reduces design complexity
- Complete reference design including schematics, tools and software to enable faster time to market
- Extends industrys broadest control plane processor portfolio including the feature-rich high performance, 64-bit dual core, quad-threaded, quad-issue XLP-200 Series