Ultra High Definition TV SoC
BCM7251 is a system-on-a-chip (SoC) for multi-HD/UltraHD IP set-top boxes (STBs). It integrates the High Efficiency Video Codec (HEVC) or H.265 standard, which enables more UltraHD content. It also incorporates Dual Display, a feature that enables presentation of two simultaneous video channels from the same STB via independent HDMI outputs and remote control devices.
- 28 nanometer (nm) process technology chip
- High-performance dual-core Brahma15 10000 DMIPs ARMv7 processors, 2180p60 or dual 1080p60 decode and transcode capabilities
- Integrates high-performance connectivity peripherals, such as USB 3.0, PCIe, Gigabit Ethernet and MoCA 2.0
- Latest generation security core offers the highest level of platform security, content protection and DRM robustness
- Industry-leading support for high speed DDR3 and DDR4 devices
- Dedicated interfaces to a range of Broadcom companion front end cable, DOCSIS, satellite and 802.11ac Wi-Fi devices