Wireless Charging Power Management Unit (PMU) Chip
Broadcom's high performance BCM59350 wireless charging power management unit (PMU) enables automatic selection between specifications from all three leading standards organizations including the Alliance for Wireless Power (A4WP), Power Matters Alliance (PMA) and Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) for OEM flexibility. The A4WP uses resonant technology, called Rezence™, that allows consumers to "drop and go," placing multiple devices on a single charging surface without the trouble of accurate positioning or alignment. Broadcom's multi-standard smartphone power management unit drives Rezence™ technology into the mainstream while providing compatibility with existing deployments.
When combined with Broadcom's WICED™ (Wireless Internet Connectivity for Embedded Devices) Smart family of SoCs and software for the charging pad, manufacturers can now build complete end-to-end wireless charging packages.
- Efficient — Up to 88 percent AC to DC efficiency
- High Performance — Supports up to 7.5W for faster charge time than standard USB and wall chargers
- Boost Mode — Broadcom ensures charging performance with 50 percent less voltage
- Support for automatic selection between standards and single mode operation
- NFC Coexistence — Broadcom's wireless charging design ensures acceptable NFC performance
- Implementation Flexibility — Can be designed in a smartphone motherboard or battery cover
- Small PCB Footprint — Broadcom's design supports multi-standards in the same size as a single standard solution
- Low Cost — Broadcom's solution has a minimum bill of materials cost with no external active components, excluding WICED™ Smart
- Broadcom Connected Blog: Broadcom Powers Up with Wireless Charging for Smartphones
- Video: Broadcom's Wireless Charging Platform