2x2 MIMO Dual-Band Combo Device Supporting 802.11n, Bluetooth 4.0 + HS & FM Receiver for Tablet Computers
The Broadcom BCM43241 2x2 multiple input/multiple output (MIMO) dual-band combo chip provides a complete wireless connectivity system with high-speed Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. The single-chip device provides whole-home, high bandwidth connections ideal for video intensive applications at very low power consumption.
2x2 MIMO technology allows data to be simultaneously transmitted over multiple streams using the same frequency, providing greater range and higher throughput while maintaining compatibility with legacy 802.11a/b/g/n devices. With dual-band and dual-stream technology, the BCM43241 utilizes two streams per channel to enable twice the throughput and better range than the current generation combo products that incorporate single-stream Wi-Fi.
The BCM43241 architecture also supports 20 and 40 MHz channels, allowing for PHY layer throughput of up to 300 Mbps. The chip also features integrated RF power amplifiers (PAs) that accommodate both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands, eliminating the need for external PAs and reducing bill of materials (BOM) cost.
The chip is the industry's first to combine MIMO Wi-Fi with Bluetooth 4.0 and FM radio on a single piece of silicon, enabling lower power and easy integration into new tablet designs.
- Dual-band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Hardware support for virtual simultaneous dual band operation with sub 1 ms band switching time
- Dual-stream IEEE 802.11n support for 20 MHz and 40 MHz channels provides PHY layer rates up to 300 Mbps for typical upper-layer throughput in excess of 200 Mbps
- Complies with Bluetooth Core Specification Version 4.0 + HS with provisions for supporting future specifications
- Bluetooth Class 1 or Class 2 transmitter operation