5G WiFi 3x3 2.4/5 GHz Draft 802.11ac Single-Chip Enterprise MAC/PHY/Radio
The BCM43460 is a dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) IEEE 802.11ac draft 3 x 3 compliant MAC/PHY/Radio complete system-on-a-chip. The device enables the development of PCI Express® IEEE 802.11ac draft WLAN subsystem solution for enterprise and carrier infrastructure WLAN markets that can take advantage of the extremely high throughput and extended range of the Broadcom MIMO solution.
With MIMO, information is sent and received over two or more antennas simultaneously using the same frequency band, thus providing greater range and increasing throughput while maintaining compatibility with legacy IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n devices. The BCM43460 supports the IEEE 802.11ac draft standard, which provides increased data rates in the 5 GHz band.
- IEEE 802.11ac draft compliant
- Three-stream spatial multiplexing up to 1.3 Gbps data rate
- Supports 20, 40, and 80 MHz channels with 256 QAM modulation
- Support for STBC and LDPC, in both TX and RX for increased wireless coverage
- Standards-based transmit beamforming
- Greenfield, mixed mode, and legacy modes supported
- Full IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n legacy compatibility with enhanced performance