5G WiFi Single-Stream 802.11ac Transceiver
The BCM43516 implements the single-stream 802.11ac specification to enable speeds up to 433 Mbps in PC and consumer electronics products. The single-chip dual-band transceiver integrates all the major functional blocks needed to implement a complete 802.11ac wireless sub-system, including radio, baseband and MAC. This highly integrated solution provides the increased coverage and throughput performance required for high quality video and media applications in the home and enterprise.
Personal computers and digital TV/ media devices enabled with the BCM43516 will be among the first in the industry to offer higher speeds and greater range over Wi-Fi networks.
- 80 MHz wide bandwidth that is 2x wider than current 802.11n solutions
- Dual-band operation compatible with legacy 802.11n networks
- 256-QAM, a higher modulation scheme that increases data transfer efficiency
- 802.11ac-compliant transmit and receive beamforming for extended coverage for 802.11ac and legacy devices
- Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) Codes for increased rate at range
- USB 2.0 host interface
- Enhanced Bluetooth® coexistence interface support for seamless BT + 5G WiFi operation