5G WiFi 3-Stream 802.11ac Gigabit Transceiver
The BCM4360 implements the 3-stream 802.11ac specification to enable speeds up to 1.3 Gbps in access points, routers, DSL/cable gateways and PC products. The single-chip dual-band transceiver integrates all the major functional blocks needed to implement a complete 802.11ac wireless sub-system, including radio, baseband and MAC. This highly integrated solution provides the increased coverage and throughput performance required for high quality video and media applications in the home and enterprise.
Access points, routers, PC notebook computers, and digital TV/ media devices enabled with the BCM4360 will be among the first in the industry to offer greater than gigabit speeds over Wi-Fi networks.
- 1.3 Gbps PHY rate performance offering over 3x performance vs. three stream 802.11n devices
- Dual-band operation compatible with legacy 802.11n networks
- 80 MHz wide bandwidth that is 2x wider than current 802.11n solutions
- 256-QAM, a higher modulation scheme that increases data transfer efficiency
- 802.11ac-compliant transmit and receive Beamforming for extended coverage for 802.11ac and legacy devices
- Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) Codes for increased rate at range
- PCI Express® 2.0 host interface
- Enhanced Bluetooth® coexistence interface support for seamless BT + 5G WiFi operation