Intensi-fi® 802.11n GbE Processor
The Broadcom BCM4706 is a high performance, power efficient communications processor designed for WLAN router and access point applications.
The BCM4706 integrates a powerful 600 MHz MIPS32 74K superscalar CPU with gigabit MAC and supports high-speed I/O interfaces including DDR2 and PCIe. The BCM4706 also integrates a USB2.0 host controller to connect to external USB storage devices.
- MIPS32® 74K Core (600 MHz)
- Integrated 512 KB Fast Net RAM
- Gigabit ethernet (GbE) Media Access Control (MAC) with support for GMII, RGMII, and MII PHY/switch connectivity
- Serial/parallel and NAND flash memory support
- Dual PCIe interfaces to pair with BCM4331 802.11n 3x3 Wi-Fi® chips in selectable dual-band and simultaneous dual-band configurations