Intensi-fi® XLR 802.11n Simultaneous Dual-Band (2.4/5 GHz) Router System-on-Chip
The BCM4718 integrates a 533MHz CPU architecture with a high performance memory architecture to push the limits of simultaneous dual-band performance for high-end Gigabit Ethernet routers, and features USB host ports to support media storage routers. Simultaneous dual-band routers enable consumers to dedicate the 5 GHz portion of their wireless network for video streaming and VoIP calls, while using the 2.4 GHz band for typical data applications. Intensi-fi technology offer greater 5 GHz channel options with regulatory certification for dynamic frequency selection (DFS). Intensi-fi XLR technology offers greater channel options on which to transmit video, voice and data.
The BCM4718 processor is the highest performing System-on-a-Chip (SoC) in the Intensi-fi XLR processor family. It combines a Draft 802.11n CPU/MAC/baseband/radio router solution with a powerful 533 MHz MIPS32® 74KTM core and an enhanced CPU memory subsystem to increase system performance. It also features Accelerange™ technology to ensure robust wireless signals over a larger coverage area, which is critical for video streaming and other low-latency applications.
- High-performance System-on-a-Chip processor
- Draft IEEE 802.11n-compliant CPU/MAC/baseband/radio wireless router solution
- Simultaneous dual-band operation provides data rates of up to 300 Mbps in both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands
- Integrated 533-MHz MIPS32 74K core with 32-KB I-cache, 32-KB D-cache and 64-entry translation lookaside buffer (TLB)
- Worldwide DFS certification to provide 27 channels in the 5 GHz band