Wireless Internet Connectivity for Embedded Devices (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth SmartBridge™)
If you need ultra low power wireless, use the included WICED SmartBridge™ API to provide seamless data aggregation and internet connectivity for WICED Smart devices too!
The WICED™ Development System enables Wi-Fi connectivity and Bluetooth bridging for:
- Home, Health and Fitness (Cameras, Speakers, Washers, Dryers, Fridges, Ranges)
- Sensors, Home Monitoring and Control (Weight scales, Fitness equipment, Blood Pressure Monitors, Thermostats, Security Cameras, Alarms, Light switches)
Find out more in our WICED™ Frequently Asked Questions section: View FAQ
WICED™ Wi-Fi Development Kits
Broadcom provides a WICED Software Development Kit and is working with partners to deliver turnkey hardware solutions to enable Wi-Fi connectivity.
WICED™ Wi-Fi Software Development Kit
The WICED SDK includes
- An open source build system and toolchain based on GNU make (native IAR support coming soon!).
- A GUI Development Environment based on Eclipse CDT that seamlessly integrates with a JTAG programmer and single-step, thread-aware debugger based on OpenOCD and gdb.
- A comprehensive software stack with a choice of several RTOS/TCP stack options including ThreadX/NetX, ThreadX/NetX Duo and FreeRTOS/LwIP.
- Advanced security and networking features such as SSL/TLS, IPv4/IPv6 networking, and mDNS (Bonjour) device discovery.
- Bluetooth Low Energy SmartBridge™ to connect Bluetooth Smart devices to Wi-Fi
- WICED Application Framework including bootloader, flash storage API, over-the-air (OTA) upgrades, factory reset, and system monitor.
- Simple out-of-box device setup using Apple-licensed MFi technology or via a web browser and softAP/webserver.
- Production ready sample applications.
- Lots of application snippets demonstrating how to use the rich WICED API feature set.
- Various test applications to aid manufacturing and certification.
- All documentation included inside the WICED SDK.
The WICED™ Wi-Fi SDK and Documentation can be downloaded here after completing the registration process.
WICED™ Wi-Fi Evaluation Kits
- WICED™ hardware evaluation kits are available through Broadcom Sales and various third-party distributors. Ordering information is available here.
WICED+™ with Apple MFi licensed technology
WICED™ is designed to work with iPhone, iPad, and iPod devices. The WICED SDK comes with support for Apple licensed technology available at: developer.apple.com/mfi. The WICED+ module and SDK paired with Apple licensed technology provides a simple out-of-box setup experience for Wi-Fi devices when used with Apple iOS devices.
WICED™ Customer Support
General WICED customer support is provided via the WICED™ forum.
Customers with a support agreement can log into Broadcom's Customer Support Portal (CSP) to obtain direct support together with additional documentation and software.
Answers to frequently asked questions are available on the WICED FAQ