Wireless Internet Connectivity for Embedded Devices (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth SmartBridge™)
If you need ultra low power wireless, use the included WICED SmartBridge™ API to provide seamless data aggregation and internet connectivity for WICED Smart devices too!
The WICED™ Development System enables Wi-Fi connectivity and Bluetooth bridging for:
- Home, Health and Fitness (Cameras, Speakers, Washers, Dryers, Fridges, Ranges)
- Sensors, Home Monitoring and Control (Weight scales, Fitness equipment, Blood Pressure Monitors, Thermostats, Security Cameras, Alarms, Light switches)
Find out more in our WICED™ Frequently Asked Questions section: View FAQ
WICED™ Wi-Fi Development Kits
Broadcom provides a WICED Software Development Kit and is working with partners to deliver turnkey hardware solutions to enable Wi-Fi connectivity.
WICED™ Wi-Fi Software Development Kit
The WICED SDK includes
- An open source build system and toolchain based on GNU make (native IAR support coming soon!).
- A GUI Development Environment based on Eclipse CDT that seamlessly integrates with a JTAG programmer and single-step, thread-aware debugger based on OpenOCD and gdb.
- A comprehensive software stack with a choice of several RTOS/TCP stack options including ThreadX/NetX, ThreadX/NetX Duo and FreeRTOS/LwIP.
- Advanced security and networking features such as SSL/TLS, IPv4/IPv6 networking, and mDNS (Bonjour) device discovery.
- Bluetooth Low Energy SmartBridge™ to connect Bluetooth Smart devices to Wi-Fi
- WICED Application Framework including bootloader, flash storage API, over-the-air (OTA) upgrades, factory reset, and system monitor.
- Simple out-of-box device setup using Apple-licensed MFi technology or via a web browser and softAP/webserver.
- Production ready sample applications.
- Lots of application snippets demonstrating how to use the rich WICED API feature set.
- Various test applications to aid manufacturing and certification.
- All documentation included inside the WICED SDK.
The WICED™ Wi-Fi SDK and Documentation can be downloaded here after completing the registration process.
WICED+™ with Apple MFi licensed technology
WICED™ is designed to work with iPhone, iPad, and iPod devices. The WICED SDK comes with support for Apple licensed technology available at: developer.apple.com/mfi. The WICED+ module and SDK paired with Apple licensed technology provides a simple out-of-box setup experience for Wi-Fi devices when used with Apple iOS devices.