Emulex OEM Partners
Breakthrough Fibre Channel Performance and Advanced Features
Dell 32GFC, 16GFC and 8GFC adapters by Emulex are designed for the virtualization, cloud and database era, taking Fibre Channel SANs to the next level by delivering more than just incredible performance and higher throughput.
Faster for Flash
- Up to 1.6M IOPS on a single-port via Emulex Dynamic Multi-core Architecture*- dynamically scales HBA resources to any port that needs it, essential when ports are used in active-standby mode
- ExpressLane feature prioritizes mission-critical traffic in congested networks* ensuring maximum application performance and ROI on flash storage arrays
Better for Virtualization & Workloads
- Maximizes VM density with more standard on-chip resources*
- Improves VDI experience during bootstorms with low latency HBAs*
- Accelerates database workloads- realize substantial performance improvements by deploying new servers with faster HBAs, even without investing in a new storage array
Lossless, Reliable Networking
- Simply the best reliability -10 million hours field mean time between failure (MTBF), the highest in the industry to ensure SLAs are met
- Supports Brocade ClearLink(D-Port) diagnostics, Link Cable Beaconing, Read Diagnostic Parameters, and Host Name Registration (on select Gen 6/Gen 5 HBAs)
- Co-inventor of T10-PI advanced data integrity- available on 8GFC, 16GFC and 32GFC HBAs
* Available on Gen 5/Gen 6 (LPe32000/31000/16000) -series HBAs. See the Demartek product evaluation and Demartek feature comparison reports for more information.
- Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI)
- Big data analytics
- Unified Communication and Collaboration (UC&C),
- Database management
- Emerging architectures, such as network functions virtualization (NFV) ,OpenStack and Open Compute-based cloud computing.
This solution brief explains how Microsoft UC&C applications benefit from Emulex leading network adapters for Dell.