- Enters home networking market with industry's first
high-speed home networking silicon.
- World's first GbE chip for existing copper
- First single-chip voice, video, and data switch
- World's first CMOS TV tuner.
- Joint development program with Cisco to deliver
high-speed wireless Internet service.
- Next-generation DOCSIS cable modem chip.
- Digital gateway solution for distributing broadband
services to and throughout the home.
- Chip for cost-effective HDTV set-top boxes.
- Industry's first managed switch-on-a chip.
- Broadcom's first acquisition: Maverick Networks (San
Technology: Switching Equipment for Enterprise
- Epigram, Inc. (Sunnyvale, CA)
Technology: Home Networking
- Armedia, Inc. (Bangalore, India)
Technology: Digital Video Content and Distribution
- HotHaus Technologies, Inc. (Vancouver, B.C.)
Technology: OpenVoIP Software - IP Telephony, Data &
- AltoCom, Inc. (Mountain View, CA)
Technology: Software - Home Networking
- Expanding internationally: Broadcom opens first
European and Asian offices in Singapore and The
- Stock: February 18th, first stock split (2-for-1).
- First integrated universal satellite receiver to
support DVB, DSS, and Primestar satellite systems.
- Demonstrates Voice-Over IP for next-generation MCNS
- Demonstrates integrated IP telephony and IP
videoconferencing solution for cable.
- Breakthrough VDSL solution.
- First demodulator chip that doubles the upstream
bandwidth for two-way cable modem deployment.
- World's first single-chip cable modem solution.
- Receives 500,000 unit production order from
- Studio-quality text, graphics, and video for the
- Going public: On April 17, Broadcom goes public with
record setting IPO. The stock jumps 123% on the first
- Expansion: Broadcom moves to its global headquarters
on Alton in Irvine, CA.
- First Fellows: Broadcom elects its first Fellows, Fang
Lu and Kevin Chan.
- World's first MCNS-DOCSIS prototype cable modem
equipment shipped to CableLabs.
- Highly integrated transceivers and repeater controllers
halve the price and form factor of Fast Ethernet hubs.
- Broadcom and GlobeSpan partner to promote RADSL
standard and enable multivendor interoperability.
- AMD, Broadcom, National, and TI define RMII to enable
lower-cost, higher-density networking devices.
- DSP-based architecture results in highestperformance
Fast Ethernet transceivers and QuadPHY products.
- First two-way cable modem system to implement the
MCNS-DOCSIS MAC protocol.
- Broadcom joins VDSL coalition.
- Cable industry leaders unanimously adopt Broadcom's
common MCNS-DOCSIS silicon platform.
- Awards: Broadcom ranked #1 by Red Herring Magazine as
the "Top Private Technology Company Worldwide."
- Awards: Broadcom founders ranked in the top 50 "Cyber
Elite" by Time Digital Magazine.
- Industry's first comprehensive VLSI cable modem
- Nortel and Broadcom announce collaboration to develop
low-cost, single-chip ADSL technology.
- Enters European digital cable TV and broadcast
satellite market with family of DVB-compliant ICs.
- Industry's first Fast Ethernet repeater controller
with integrated RMON support.
- Awards: Ernst & Young awards Broadcom CEO, Henry
Nicholas, with "Entrepreneur of the Year" award.
- Industry's first 10/100 Base-T4 transceiver chip for
Fast Ethernet applications
- Integrates General Instrument's DigiCipher II 64-QAM
forward error correction (FEC) into Broadcom QAM chip.
- TI, National, AT&T and Broadcom collaborate to
provide Fast Ethernet design aids.
- Samueli knockout: Henry Samueli and Rich Citta of
Zenith duke it out within the SCTE standards body on QAM
vs. VSB as the standard for digital cable transmission.
Samueli scores a huge TKO for Broadcom, and QAM is
officially adopted as the cable standard.
- Expansion: Broadcom moves from Westwood offices to
16251 Laguna Canyon Road, Irvine, CA.
- Industry's first single-chip 64/256-QAM cable TV
- Scientific-Atlanta and Broadcom announce strategic
partnership to develop digital TV technology.
- Scientific-Atlanta demonstrates new Broadcom 256-QAM
digital modulation IC at NCTA in New Orleans.
- HP adopts Broadcom's 64-QAM digital cable TV
- First 100-Mbps Ethernet product ships to Intel.
- Extreme makeover: Broadband Telecom is officially
- Earthquake: On January 17th at 4:30 am, the Northridge
earthquake disturbs David Kruse and Loke Tan who are
still hard at work in the office.
- The dawn of the set-top box: Scientific-Atlanta selects
Broadcom to design digital demodulation in experimental
cable TV set-top boxes for Time Warner. Original threechip
set evolves into a single-chip solution in just ten
- First products began shipping with the use of TSMC's
- The 3COM challenge: In an initial meeting, 3COM
dismisses Broadcom as a small unknown player. Broadcom
promises to return with a 100Base-T4 Fast Ethernet chip,
ten times faster than anything on the market. One year
later, Broadcom delivers on its promise.
- Expansion: Second office is leased from a law firm on
the 14th floor of 10920 Wilshire Boulevard in Westwood,
- First customer: TRW purchases digital frequency
synthesizer for end-customer, Analog Devices.
- Expansion: First office in Westwood, CA, near UCLA
- Engaged in developing products and establishing
strategic customer and foundry relationships.
- The dream: In 1981, Henry Samueli and Henry Nicholas
III first meet while working for defense contractor TRW,
Inc. Samueli, specializing in communications systems
design, and Nicholas, specializing in chip design, are
both working on the Defense Department's Very High-Speed
IC (VHSIC) program.
A few years later in 1988, Samueli, now teaching at UCLA's
School of Engineering, convinces Nicholas, his first Ph.D.
candidate, to join him full-time at PairGain Technologies.
In 1991, their shared visions of cable and high-speed
networking drive them to create their own company,
- Self-Funded: Samueli and Nicholas each write a check
for $5,000 to fund the company. Their business cards list
Nicholas' Redondo Beach residence as the company
- Broadcom powers the connected digital home at CES 2009
- Industry's first cable set-top box solutions with integrated DVB-C
- Nokia selects Broadcom as a next generation 3G chipset supplier
- Broadcom demonstrates premier cellular, connectivity and multimedia
processing solutions for next generation mobile handsets at 2009 Mobile
- Extends combo chip portfolio delivering simultaneous operation of
Bluetooth, GPS and FM radio in a single system-on-a-chip solution
- Sharp and Broadcom deliver innovative Bluetooth technology to digital
- Qualcomm and Broadcom reach settlement and patent agreement
- Broadcom's integrated MoCA system-on-a-chip reference design receives
- Industry's most integrated Wi-Fi router chip raises the performance bar
of entry-level products
- Broadcom announces family of next generation DOCSIS/Euro-DOCSIS 3.0-based
- Broadcom to introduce GPON integrated access device semiconductors in
- Top OEMs "Go Green" with Broadcom's 65nm SMB switch family
- Delivers world's first Bluetooth + WiFi combo solution for notebooks,
netbooks and ultramobile PCs
- Broadcom's Crystal HD solution enables high quality, high definition
- Accelerates enterprise wireless networks with industry's first end-to-end
unified WLAN solution
- LG Electronics selects Broadcom's DTV solution for new LCD and plasma
- Broadcom lights up the cloud with industry's first complete silicon
solution for the network core
- Combo chip and software achieve Bluetooth qualification to newly ratified
Bluetooth v3.0 + HS specification
- New Senior Vice President: Neil Kim becomes Senior Vice President of
Operations and Central Engineering for Broadcom, combining the two groups
into a single, highly efficient organization
- Broadcom showcases the DLNA-enabled connected home.
- Super resolution technology enables high quality viewing of low resolution media content.
- New combo chip integrates 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and FM to bring multimedia applications to mobile devices.
- 10 Gig Ethernet controller supports world's first LAN-on-motherboard solution.
- New digital television solution supports global connectivity.
- DTV chips support home network connectivity for access to Internet-based multimedia
content and personal digital content stored throughout the home.
- Turnkey enterprise 802.11n WLAN solution combines Broadcom's industry-leading Intensi-fi
silicon and FASTPATH networking software.
- Industry's first quad speed 65 nm 10GBASE-T transceiver completes Broadcom's end-to-end
10 GbE portfolio.
- Broadcom StrataXGS 4 65 nm switch family - a high performance, scalable single hardware
platform for enterprise, data center and service provider networks.
- Industry's first family of 65nm single-chip Gig Ethernet switches helps small business
networks go green.
- Groundbreaking Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR single-chip solution with significant performance upgrades
and enhanced features for mobile handset.
- Industry's first single-chip HD set-top box solution with China AVS support.
- New turnkey Blu-ray Disc reference design for newest generation of Blu-ray optical disc
- Industry's most advanced HD AVC/MPEG encoder/transcoder enables the PC to function as
a multimedia gateway in the connected home.
- Partners with Microsoft to enable Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV client software to operate on
next-generation set-top boxes utilizing Broadcom solutions.
- AMD's Digital TV Business (Markham, ON) Technology: IC and software for DTV
- Sunext Design, Inc. (Sunnyvale, CA) Technology: Optical drive technologies
- New Leadership: Scott A. Bibaud, VP/GM of Broadcom's Wireless Personal Area Networking
(PAN) group, has been appointed SVP/GM of Broadcom's Mobile Platforms Group (MPG).
- Awards: Broadcom's new VideoCore III multimedia processor is awarded 2007 Product of the
Year by Electronic Products Magazine.
- Enters Media PC market with advanced PC solutions for Blu-ray Disc, HD Downloads, and Broadcasts.
- Nokia selects Broadcom's advanced singlechip cellular baseband processor and power management for EDGE phones.
- Introduces complete DTV receiver system designed to meet the NTIA's digital-to-analog converter box program.
- Industry's first 65-nm Gigabit Ethernet switches.
- Industry's most advanced 65-nm solution for next generation cable, satellite, and IP set-top boxes.
- Introduces its first single-chip GPS solution for mobile applications.
- World's first full-featured, single-chip 802.11n solution.
- Industry's first low power multimedia processor that enables a HD video camcorder, 12-megapixel camera and HD playback in cellphones and portable media players.
- Samsung selects Broadcom's advanced 3G solutions and power management for handsets.
- World's first "3G Phone-on-a-Chip" solution, incorporating a HSPA processor and all the 3G cellular and mobile technologies on a low power, single 65-nm CMOS die.
- Industry's first Bluetooth headset solution with noise cancellation.
- Industry's most advanced real-time, HD video/audio encoder/transcoder single-chip solution, allowing music and video to be shared between entertainment devices.
- Partners with Electronic Arts to deliver high performance gaming on mobile phones using Broadcom's VideoCore.
- Joins the S60 Product Creation Community, advancing its smartphone solutions in collaboration with the world's leading Mobile Open OS platform.
- Enables innovative applications in home entertainment with new solution that combines popular Broadcom Bluetooth wireless solutions with the company's industry leading digital cable and satellite television set-top box (STB) technologies.
- Global Locate, Inc. (San Jose, CA)
Technology: IC and software for GPS and AGPS
- Octalica, Inc. (Newton Centre, MA)
Technology: MoCA Home Networking over Coaxial
- Recognized: Ranked among the world's top five merchant 3G baseband suppliers by iSuppli Corporation.
- New CFO: Eric K. Brandt, former chief financial officer of Allergan, Inc., joins Broadcom as new Senior Vice President and CFO.
- Expansion: Broadcom moves into its newly built Irvine, CA headquarters in University Research Park, occupying eight new buildings with over 700,000 square feet.
- Expansion: Broadcom opens new campus in San Diego, CA.
- Expansion: In collaboration with Microsoft, Broadcom expands its cellular design center in Taiwan to drive development of next generation Microsoft Windows Mobile smart phones.
- World's first 7.2-Mbps true single-chip HSDPA
mobile phone processor.
- Achieves market leadership in Bluetooth for
mobile phones and launches world's first
single-chip Bluetooth + FM radio device.
- Achieves market leadership in Bluetooth for
mobile phones and launches world's first
single-chip Bluetooth + FM radio device.
- Industry's first Wi-Fi solutions designed to
comply with IEEE 802.11n draft specification.
- World's first Wi-Fi video phone chipset.
- Industry's first complete Blu-ray/HD DVD
system-on-a-chip solution for universal
- Industry's first single-chip, 65-nm
high-definition 1080p digital TV solution.
- Enters applications processor market with first
mobile solution combining multimedia and an
- Enters the portable power management market
with first power management unit (PMU).
- Advances the wireless gaming experience with
Bluetooth and Wi-Fi technologies integrated
into Nintendo's Wii game console.
- Sandburst Corporation (Andover, MA)
Technology: Enterprise & Metro Ethernet Networks
- LVL7 Systems, Inc. (Morrisville, NC)
Technology: Software for IP/Ethernet Networks
- Expansion: Broadcom headquarters now
encompass Alton and Discovery Campuses with
a total of 8 buildings; scheduled move to new
URP campus is Q1 2007.
- Expansion: Broadcom opens second office in
Andover, MA. Internationally, new design center
established in Hsinchu, Taiwan.
- Stock: February 22nd, 3-for-2 stock split.
- A reorganization: Broadcom splits the
Mobile & Wireless Group and appoints two
Vice Presidents; Robert A. Rango, Senior VP
and GM of the Wireless Connectivity Group
and Yossi Cohen, Senior VP and GM, Mobile
- Broadcom celebrates 15 years of innovation.
- Industry's most advanced high-definition
television (HDTV) chip that supports both
analog and digital reception.
- RAIDCore controller cards achieve an
unprecedented industry's first with over
1 gigabyte per second GB/s throughput.
- New single-chip mobile VoIP processor for
- Industry's first ADSL2+/VDSL2 multimode
chipsets featuring channel bonding capabilities
for central office and CPE.
- First Gigabit Ethernet IP phone chip.
- World's first integrated Ethernet switch
solutions featuring embedded security, IPv6
routing, and wireless LAN support.
- Alliant Networks, Inc. (Sunnyvale, CA)
(Networking and Internet Connectivity)
- Zeevo, Inc. (Santa Clara, CA)
Technology: Bluetooth for Wireless Headsets
- Siliquent Technologies, Inc.
(Mountain View, CA & Tel Aviv, Israel)
Technology: 10-Gigabit Ethernet
(Server Networking and Networking Storage)
- Athena Semiconductors, Inc.
(Fremont, CA & Athens, Greece)
Technology: Mobile and WLAN
- New leadership: Scott A. McGregor, former
president and chief executive officer of Phillips
Semiconductors, joins Broadcom as new
president and CEO.
- Expansion: Broadcom opens new offices in
Andover, MA. Internationally, design centers
are established in Bangalore, Cambridge,
- Awards: IDC recognizes Broadcom as the fastest
growing enterprise IP phone chip supplier.
- NASDAQ market open: On May 10, McGregor
initiates this day of trading during the official
Opening Bell ceremony.
- Enters consumer TV market with industry's
first single-chip dual-channel HD video/audio/
graphics PVR solution.
- World's first C-NIC GbE controller, integrating
iSCSI, RDMA, TCP/IP offload engine and remote
system management functionality on a single
network fabric chip for servers.
- Industry's first single-chip solution integrating
all required system features for entry-level settop
- Unprecedented level of integration reached
with industry's first single-chip 24-port Fast
- Industry's first GHz quad-core
- Industry's most integrated Wi-Fi router
processor with 54g wireless LAN routing, Fast
Ethernet switching, accelerated VPN security,
and MIPS processor.
- Alphamosaic (Cambridge, UK)
Technology: Mobile Imaging, Multimedia, and
- RAIDCore, Inc. (Nashua, NH)
Technology: Enterprise-Class RAID Software
- M-Stream, Inc. (Kfar-Saba, Israel)
Technology: Cellular for Voice, Video, Music
- Sand Video, Inc. (Andover, MA)
Technology: Video Compression
- WIDCOMM, Inc.
(San Diego, Germantown, Taipei, Tokyo, Paris)
- Zyray Wireless, Inc. (San Diego, CA)
Technology: Mobile (Advanced Imaging,
Multimedia & 3D)
- Expansion: Broadcom begins plans to relocate
headquarters to UCI's University Research Park
- Awards: Broadcom named "Most Respected
Public Fabless Company" by Fabless
Semiconductor Association (FSA) for the fourth
time in the past seven years.
- 54g wireless LAN reference designs achieve
Wi-Fi Certification for 802.11b interoperability
and are selected by Dell for Latitude notebooks.
- Strategic partnership with Ningbo Bird, the
largest local supplier of cellular phone handsets
- Broadcom's cellular phone technology powers
the Handspring Treo 600 smartphone.
- Broadcom ships world's first single-chip
- Apple selects advanced Bluetooth technology
for their new wireless keyboard and mouse.
- Motorola selects single-chip Broadcom
Bluetooth solutions for their latest family of
- AT&T Wireless launches national high-speed
wireless network using Broadcom's
- Gadzoox Networks, Inc. (Santa Clara, CA)
Technology: Storage Networking
- Awards: Henry Samueli is named to the National
Academy of Engineering for his pioneering
contributions to academic research and
technology entrepreneurship in the development
of semiconductors for use in broadband
- A reorganization: Broadcom restructures
its business units and appoints four Vice
- Thomas F. Lagatta, VP and GM of the Client Server
Networking Business Unit
- Robert A. Rango, VP and GM of the Network
Infrastructure Business Unit
- Ford G. Tamer, Ph.D., VP and GM of the Switching and
- Daniel A. Marotta, VP and GM of the Broadband
Communications Business Unit
- Advertising: Broadcom launches its first ever
- New leadership: Henry Nicholas resigns
as president and chief executive officer of
Broadcom. Alan "Lanny" Ross becomes
- Enters 802.11 WLAN market and ships industry's first
54g wireless chipset for business, home, and public
- Industry's first single-chip IP phone solution for
- NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet controller boosts
performance of Compaq Evo workstation and desktop
- StrataXGS switch architecture enables new
class of stackable, multilayer Gigabit Ethernet
switches at a cost structure comparable to Fast
- BladeRunner 12-port, full-rate ADSL CO chipset
features breakthrough port density and low
power technologies (less than 1 watt per port).
- First to offer low-cost solution for two-way,
high-speed Internet access over satellite.
- Leading server manufacturers - IBM, HP, and
Dell - adopt Broadcom's Ethernet technology
for their blade server designs.
- Mobilink Telecom, Inc. (Santa Clara, CA)
Technology: Cellular Phones, Cellular Modem
Cards and PDAs.
- New leadership: Alan "Lanny" Ross, a member
of Broadcom's Board of Directors, assumes a
full-time role as interim Chief Operating Officer
in charge of internal operations.
- Expansion: Broadcom opens Mathilda office in
- Awards: SiByte processor wins Analyst's
Choice award for "Best High-Performance
- World's first single-chip IP phone solution enables
development of toll-quality IP phones with very low power
- Industry's first all-CMOS Bluetooth radio device for
CDMA and 3G wireless phones.
- All-CMOS silicon tuner first to receive CableLabs
- EchoStar endorses new satellite chip technology that
increases bandwidth by up to 50 percent.
- Dell ships industry's first servers with
Broadcom-embedded Gigabit Ethernet network connection on
- Industry's highest performance 64-bit MIPS-based,
multiprocessor solution for broadband networking.
- VisionTech, Ltd. (Herzliya, Israel)
Technology: MPEG-2 (Compression and Decompression)
- ServerWorks Corporation (Santa Clara, CA)
Technology: I/O Circuits for Servers, Workstations,
- PortaTec Corporation (Quebec, Canada)
Technology: Wireless Data Communications
- Kimalink (El Segundo, CA)
Technology: Integrated Circuits for Wireless
- Expansion: Broadcom opens Mission College office in
Santa Clara, CA.
- Awards: PC Magazine recognizes Broadcom's
home networking chips with the "Innovation and
Technical Excellence" award.
- New Blutonium chip family includes industry's first
all-CMOS stand-alone Bluetooth radio device.
- Industry's first end-to-end chipset for terrestrial
- World's first gigabit Ethernet controller with PCI-X
- First cable modem gateway to receive CableLabs
certification uses Broadcom's home networking
- Gigabit Ethernet transceiver chips standard on all of
Apple's new Power MAC G4 systems.
- Enters optical networking market with world's first
10-Gigabit 4-channel CMOS Transceiver.
- Digital Furnace Corporation (Atlanta, GA)
Technology: Software - Video (Cable Modems, Broadband
- Stellar Semiconductor, Inc. (San Jose, CA)
Technology: Video, 3D Graphics for Set-Top Boxes, TV
- BlueSteel Networks (Mountain View, CA)
- Pivotal Technologies Corporation (Pasadena, CA)
Technology: Digital Video Interface & Wireless
- Innovent Systems, Inc. (El Segundo and San Diego, CA)
Technology: RF Integrated Circuits for Wireless
- PICCO-Puyallup Integrated Circuit Company, Inc.
Technology: IC Design
- NewPort Communications, Inc. (Irvine, CA)
Technology: Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuits for High-Speed
- Silicon Spice, Inc. (San Jose, CA)
Technology: IC and Software for WLANs
- Element 14, Inc. (Cambridge & Bristol, UK and
Technology: DSL Chipsets and Software
- Allayer Communications (San Jose, CA)
Technology: Enterprise and Optical Networking
- SiByte, Inc. (Santa Clara, CA)
Technology: Broadband Networking
- Expansion: Broadcom extends its headquarters to
Discovery and opens offices in San Jose, Duluth, and
- Stock: Broadcom joins the S&P 500
||Over 9,000 (Q4)
- Broadcom Internet of Things platform powers Haier's new smart appliances
- Broadcom innovation powers ultra-fast gigabit home gateway
- Broadcom introduces new cost-efficient routers with ADSL and VDSL2
- Broadcom expands satellite device portfolio for operators
- Broadcom expands HEVC portfolio with entry-level satellite set-top box SoCs
- Broadcom launches enhanced 5G WiFi video streaming for the home
- New Broadcom WICED SDK supports high-definition audio streaming over Wi-Fi
||Over 9,000 (Q4)
- Broadcom announces new GNSS location chip with support for Chinese BeiDou satellite system
- Broadcom announces automotive bluetooth software stack for seamless in-car Android connectivity
- Broadcom announces Bluetooth Smart SoC with wireless charging support for growing wearable market
- Broadcom quad-core baseband and connectivity platform to power new HTC Android smartphone
- Broadcom completes acquisition of LTE-related assets from affiliates of Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Broadcom targets accelerating wearable market with wireless connectivity for embedded device (WICED) offerings
- Broadcom announces new StrataXGS® switch to lead 10 Gigabit Ethernet into mobile backhaul networks
- Broadcom introduces new Quad-Core HSPA+ processor
- Broadcom launches worlds highest performance multi-core communications processors
- Broadcom announces Michael Hurlston as Executive Vice President of Worldwide Sales
- Broadcom introduces worlds fastest and lowest power 100G transmitter PHY
- Broadcom 5G WiFi powers new HTC One® smartphone
- Broadcom introduces industrys smallest 4G LTE-advanced modem for smartphone and tablet market
- Broadcom unveils worlds first Ultra HD TV home gateway chip
- Broadcom powers new Comcast X1 cloud-based TV experience
- Broadcom enables first LG 5G WiFi digital televisions
- Broadcom powers worlds first Android 4.0 set-top box with Google Mobile Services
- Broadcom announces Dr. Ting Wei Li as SVP of Sales and President of Greater China
||Over 7,800 (Q4)
- Broadcom launches industry's first certified NFC quad-combo wireless connectivity solution
- Broadcom introduces world's first 28nm heterogeneous knowledge-based processors
- Broadcom and Hyundai Motor power next-generation connected car
- Broadcom Foundation and Society for Science & the Public announce winners of second annual Broadcom MASTERS® national science fair competition
- Broadcom delivers world's first 28nm multicore communications processor series
- Broadcom introduces 5G WiFi combo chip for smartphones and tablets
- Dr. Henry Samueli wins prestigious 2012 Marconi Society Prize and Fellowship
- Broadcom announces industry's lowest power, highest performance 100GbE multi-rate gearbox PHYs
- Dr. Henry Samueli named Chairman of Broadcom's Board of Directors
- Broadcom launches first hybrid gateway SoC to securely deliver broadcast and web services
- Broadcom introduces world's first microwave outdoor unit delivering performance and backhaul
- Broadcom introduces new location architecture with advanced multi-constellation and indoor positioning support
- Broadcom completes acquisitions of BroadLight and NetLogic Microsystems, Inc.
- Broadcom announces industry's first integrated MoCA® 2.0 system-on-a-chip portfolio
- Broadcom launches first gigabit speed 802.11ac chips with 5th generation (5G) Wi-Fi breakthrough
- Broadcom pioneers breakthrough in digital cable tuner design with Full-Band Capture technology.
- Broadcom enters Gartner's top 10 semiconductor ranking for the first time.
- Recognized in FORTUNE's 2011 "World's Most Admired Companies" survey as the innovation leader in the semiconductor category.
- Broadcom dramatically expands bandwidth for 4G mobile backhaul with latest high performance switching silicon.
- Broadcom announces industry's first quad 10GbE SFP+ PHY with MACsec.
- Broadcom fuels 10GbE adoption with world's first dual-port 10GBASE-T adapter with full offload.
- Broadcom's new smartphone chip delivers Android™ with advanced graphics at an affordable price point.
- Broadcom's new combo chip integrates 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 + HS and FM to bring new multimedia applications to smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.
- Broadcom announces smartphone baseband chip with HSPA+ cellular modem and Merlyn™ applications processor capable of 1080p video and graphics.
- Broadcom delivers new fibre channel over Ethernet (FCoE) solution on world's fastest converged network adapter platform.
- Broadcom completes acquisition of SC Squared Ltd.
- Broadcom gains microwave transmission technology with acquisition of Provigent, Inc.
- Broadcom announces intent to acquire NetLogic Microsystems, Inc., a leader in network communications processors.
- Broadcom introduces the first NFC chips in 40nm.
- Broadcom launches the first VDSL2 Central Office SoC with integrated G.vector to improve network performance.
- Broadcom introduces world's broadest automotive Ethernet product portfolio - ushers in next generation connected car
- Broadcom receives IEEE standards association corporate award for 2011
- Broadcom honored with two EDN China innovation awards
- Broadcom wins a 2012 CES innovations design and engineering award
- Broadcom completes acquisition of Gigle
- Broadcom announces industry's smallest and
most powerful multi-port single-chip 10G
Ethernet converged controllers.
- Broadcom announces new Android™ platform to
enable mass market smartphones.
- Broadcom announces new embedded NFC
tag technology to simplify wireless device
- Broadcom announces industry's first 40nm HD
full-resolution 3DTV video gateway STB SoC
- Broadcom optimizes ethernet-based networks
with end-to-end IEEE 1588 solution.
- Broadcom completes its acquisition of Beceem
- Broadcom completes Acquisition of Percello Ltd.
- Broadcom introduces industry's first ethernet
switching silicon for 100 Tbps scalable systems.
- Broadcom announces its complete hardware
and software GPON residential gateway solution
supporting Ethernet, VoIP, WLAN and IPTV.
- Broadcom selected for Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ Wi-Fi
Direct™ test suite and among the first to obtain
- Broadcom Foundation and the Samueli
Foundation host National Lab Day aimed at
Matching Orange County Teachers and Students
with Volunteer Scientists and Engineers.
- Broadcom delivers industry's Broadest Portfolio
of Energy Efficient Ethernet Silicon Solutions.
- Broadcom Foundation partners with Society for
Science & the Public, announces Broadcom
MASTERS™ National Middle School Science and
- Broadcom expands its leadership in enabling
Digital TV Transitions in South America.
- Broadcom supports Bluetooth® version 4.0
across its leading Bluetooth portfolio.
- Broadcom delivers a superior multimedia
applications experience over Wi-Fi.
- Broadcom demonstrates Android™ support
across its wireless connectivity products.
- Broadcom introduces world's fastest single-chip
- Broadcom acquires Innovision Research &
- Broadcom names industry veteran Rajiv
Ramaswami Executive Vice President & General
Manager, Infrastructure & Networking Group.