802.11a/b/g/n MAC/Baseband/Radio with Integrated Bluetooth 4.0+HS & FM Transceiver
The Broadcom BCM4330 single chip device provides the highest level of integration for a mobile or handheld wireless system, with integrated IEEE 802.11 a/b/g and single-stream 802.11 n (MAC/baseband/radio), Bluetooth 4.0+HS, and FM radio receiver and transmitter. It includes on-chip 2.4GHz and 5 GHz WLAN power amplifiers that meet the output power requirements for most handheld systems while permitting and an optional external power amplifier for higher output power applications, if required.
Utilizing advanced design techniques and process technology to reduce active and idle power, the BCM4330 is designed to address the needs of highly mobile devices that require minimal power consumption and compact size. It includes a power topology and allows for operation direct from a mobile platform battery while maximizing battery life.
The BCM4330 implements the highly sophisticated Enhanced Collaborative Coexistence radio coexistence algorithms and hardware mechanisms, allowing for an extremely collaborative Bluetooth coexistence scheme along with coexistence support for external radios (such as GPS, WiMax, or Ultra Wide-band radio technologies, as well as cellular radios) and single shared antenna (2.4 GHz antenna for Bluetooth and WLAN). As a result, enhanced overall quality for simultaneous voice, video, and data transmission on a handheld system is achieved.
- Single-band 2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n or dual-band 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz 802.11 a/b/g/n
- FM receiver and transmitter
- Bluetooth Core Specification Version 4.0 + HS compliant with provisions for supporting future specifications
- Full WAPI software and hardware support
- An integrated ARM® Cortex™-M3 processor and on-chip memory
- The OneDriver™ software architecture for easy migration from existing embedded WLAN and Bluetooth devices as well as future devices
- SmartAudio® technology that dramatically improves voice quality in Bluetooth headsets