Single-Port DOCSIS® 3.0 Burst Receiver with Head-End Transmitter
The BCM3150B2 is an advanced DOCSIS® 3.0 single-port cable network burst receiver that accepts upstream burst data in a frequency-agile time division multiple access (TDMA) or synchronous code division multiple access (S-CDMA) scheme. The chip integrates an analog front-end (AFE), QAM/SCDMA demodulators, FEC decoders, and a MAC/PHY interface.
The AFE performs analog-to-digital conversion on RF inputs with a carrier frequency up to 300 MHz. A digital quadrature down-mixer translates the input spectral center to baseband. The BCM3150B2 features a ranging processor that estimates the received timing and amplitude of the ranging sequence, plus an adaptive equalizer that characterizes the RF channel response and/or removes intersymbol interference (ISI) caused by microreflections.
The BCM3150B2 ingress-canceling processor suppresses ingress/narrowband interference in TDMA/SCDMA channels. The FEC decoder performs deinterleaving, descrambling, and RS decoding with flexible parameters.
The BCM3150B2 delivers the recovered data streams and accepts receiver control inputs through a receive interface linked to a MAC. An on-chip FFT processor can analyze an RF spectrum with a selectable bandwidth and length. The BCM3150B2 can be configured through the 10GbE interface.
The BCM3150B2 includes a single-port downstream modulator core with support for 32 QAM narrowcast channels. The BCM3150B2 also has an integrated 6.4 GHz DAC for direct digital synthesis up to 1.0 GHz. The BCM3150B2 is CCAP-compliant and supports DOCSIS 1.0/1.1/2.0/3.0 specifications and SCTE/ITU-B standards. Each of the QAM downstream modulators supports programmable modulation formats up to 1024 QAM (per the CDOCSIS standard).
- Supports up to 10 SC-QAM channels—10 ATDMA or 6 ATDMA per port
- Integrated ingress canceler enables operation in impaired RF channels
- Integrated FFT enables advanced spectrum management of entire 0 to 85 MHz upstream
- Integrated analog-to-digital (A/D) converters support direct digital sampling of entire 0 to 85 MHz reverse path
- Flexible association of A/D and input samples to on-chip FFT engine
- Dynamic channel allocation of carrier frequency, symbol rates, and constellation
- Four 10G Ethernet MAC-layer interfaces capable of point-to-point connection to the 222
- Supports one RF interface
- Modulator supports 32 narrowcast QAM channels in Annex A, B, and C modes
- Flexible broadcast and narrowcast assignment per RF interface
- Complete flexibility in QAM channel frequency placement
- Integrated 6.4 GHz DAC with integrated PLL
- MPT, PSP, DEPI, ext Mode for remote PHY
- Up to two 10GBASE-KR interfaces for data plane traffic
- Two 10GBASE-KR interfaces available for board daisy-chain configuration carrying data broadcast and in-band
- On-chip interleaver memory
- In-band GMAC based register provisioning
- Support for industrial temperature range for remote PHY applications
- Support for UEPI/DEPI as defined by CableLabs