DOCSIS® 3.1 CCAP Media Access Control Chip
The BCM3222 is a highly integrated DOCSIS® 3.1 CMTS MAC IC for use in DOCSIS 3.1 CMTS and CCAP products. With hardware support for bonding traffic reassembly, concatenation parsing, fragment reassembly, and advanced physical-layer data rates, the BCM3222 serves as the heart of a next-generation CMTS.
The BCM3222 provides a powerful yet cost-effective solution for a variety of CMTS architectures. The upstream processor performs packet reassembly for bonded traffic, DES and AES decryption, fragment reassembly, deconcatenation, and upstream MIB statistic gathering.
The BCM3222 network interfaces supports connectivity for transporting packets to and from the BCM31442 as well as the packet processor. The BCM3222 features six 10G XFI Ethernet interfaces available for connection to 1 to 12 BCM31442 devices, four 10G SerDes lanes forming a 40G Ethernet interface for connection to a packet processor, a 10G XFI Ethernet interface for a port mirror, and a 10G XFI Ethernet interface shared for PNM and PHY diagnostic termination.
All configuration and management of the BCM3222 and BCM31442 is done via the 40G Ethernet interface. A single BCM3222 supports the processing of up to 25 Gb/s capacity of DOCSIS 3.1 cable plant upstream channels.
- Advanced packet-bonding capability support for up to 25 Gb/s
- 10G Ethernet PHY-layer interface that provides a high-throughput nonblocking connection to BCM31442 and network processors
- Full DOCSIS framing, including baseline privacy with DES/AES
- Seamless interface to BCM31442 DOCSIS 3.1 burst receiver
- Supported die temperature range of 0°C to +100°C