DOCSIS®/EuroDOCSIS™ 3.0 Cable Modem SoC
Broadcom's BCM3382 DOCSIS®/EuroDOCSIS™ 3.0-based cable modem System-on-a-Chip (SoC) solution features advanced power management functionality and integrated tuners for improved RF performance.
The BCM3382 enables manufacturers to develop high-performance DOCSIS 3.0 products for data and voice applications in a cost-effective design. In addition, DOCSIS 3.0 products allow cable service providers to manage faster line speeds to deliver high-speed data, voice and IP video services, including IPTV, secure virtual private networks (VPNs) for telecommuters, full-featured IP telephony, video conferencing, local Web hosting and peer-to-peer networking applications such as music downloading and file sharing.
- Bonding support for up to eight simultaneous DOCSIS channels delivering twice the speed of other DOCSIS 3.0 solutions at a lower system cost while extending the usable life of cable modems
- A second-generation integrated wideband tuner with an extended bandwidth of 96MHz
- IP video hardware support that allows cable providers to deploy low-cost IP video to PCs and IP set-top boxes (IP STBs) without costly changes to the existing infrastructure
- A powerful processing architecture that enables line speed data rates and the ability to maximize the total system performance of a DOCSIS or EuroDOCSIS 3.0 system
- Integrated dynamic power management controllers to provide an efficient power management system capable of managing and shutting down unused system components in real time
- An integrated voice subsystem that includes an audio processing module, high voltage generator and battery management unit that enables a low bill-of-materials (BOM) cost for embedded multimedia terminal adapter (eMTA) applications
- Set-Top Boxes
If you are looking for older or archived product downloads, please use the documents and downloads search tool.