Full-Band Capture Multidemodulator SoC
Broadcom's BCM4528 Full-Band Capture (FBC) multidemodulator System on a Chip reduces system cost and power in the home.
Broadcom’s Full-Band Capture technology enables unprecedented bandwidth scalability and flexibility, resulting in more efficient distribution of video streams and IP services to connected devices in the digital home ecosystem. FBC functionality replaces multiple discrete tuners with one System on a Chip for simpler, smaller, faster and lower-power designs. Coupled with Broadcom's FastRTV®, FBC technology will enable consumers to experience faster channel change, regardless of frequency.
- Any demodulator can tune to any frequency, removing wideband "block" tuner restrictions for a more efficient distribution of video streams and IP services
- Satellite systems realize more than 50 percent reduction in power consumption
- FastRTV® channel change technology paired with FBC provides quick channel change regardless of frequency
- Achieves more than 65 percent reduction in the number of connections between front-end and back-end devices
- Replaces up to eight satellite chips, resulting in lower bill-of-materials (BOM) cost
- Set-Top Boxes