Dual HD Digital Video System-on-Chip Solution for Cable, Satellite and DTV
The BCM7038 is an advanced dual-channel HD video/audio/graphics and personal video recording (PVR) chip that enables manufacturers to economically incorporate high-quality HDTV capability and PVR features into digital televisions, cable Set-top Boxes (STBs), satellite receivers and HD-DVD players.
Broadcom’s BCM7038 dual video/audio channels simultaneously support dual televisions, with independent picture-in-picture support on main and secondary. Advanced video and graphics features, such as on-chip 3D Y/C separation circuit multiframe deinterlacing, and quad video scalars with single-pass processing, significantly improve the HD picture quality by removing unwanted noise and artifacts from the television image.
- Two complete HD/SD video/audio channels with quad video scalers
- Multiframe per-pixel motion-adaptive deinterlacer circuit
- Picture Enhancement Processing (PEP) for DTV
- 3D Y/C comb separation circuit for analog video decode
- Triple PVR with copy protection and trick mode support
- On-chip 300 MHz 64-bit CPU
- Set-Top Boxes