Single-Chip Digital Cable Set-top Box (STB) with DOCSIS® 2.0 and Channel Bonding
The Broadcom BCM7118 is a single-chip Set-top-Box (STB) device that combines the key aspects required for the next generation of set-top boxes.
Broadcom’s BCM7118 enables a cost-effective single-chip design, HD AVC/VC-1/MPEG2 decode with SD output, DOCSIS® 2.0 with channel bonding, DSG, IPv6 and support for CableCARD and DCAS. The BCM7118 meets all standards for the world cable market. The BCM7118 includes dual 1024/256/64-QAM receivers, an out-of band QPSK receiver and a QPSK to 256-QAM upstream burst modulator. All major physical layer standards are supported for deployment worldwide.
- Latest generation video compression technologies including AVC-MPEG-4, VC-1 and MPEG-2
- Decoding formats for both HD and SD television programming
- Advanced Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, MP3 and MPEG AAC audio decoders
- Certifiable DOCSIS®/EuroDOCSIS™ 2.0 and DSG advanced mode software
- Flexible host digital Set-top-Box software supporting OCAP and popular middleware solutions
- Downstream channel bonding compatible with DOCSIS 3.0
- Set-Top Boxes
Not Recommended for New Design
|Lifecycle||Not Recommended for New Design|