High-Definition IP Set-Top Box SoC
*Certain versions of this device are not available for sale in Germany or shipment to or from Germany, and these versions should not be used in any product destined for the German market.
Broadcom's BCM7208 high-definition IP Set-top Box (STB) solution enables advanced IP digital entertainment services in a low-cost, high-performance and compact package.
The Broadcom BCM7208 provides leading-edge IPTV features in a compact-footprint System on a Chip (SoC). It is designed to enable service providers to cost-effectively expand IPTV services, such as networked DVR and IP video services, for both client-server and low-cost standalone deployment models.
- Incorporates high-speed DDR3 (for decoding high-definition content)
- High-capacity bulk MLC/SLC NAND, SDIO and serial NOR controller technology
- Delivers true HD resolution supporting 1080p60 output
- Integrates full HDMI 1.3 transmitter to support low-cost sub-HD LED panels up to 480/576p resolution
- Integrated power-management controllers and regulators for support of EnergyStar and European Code of Conduct STB requirements
- Flexible and configurable standby and active modes of operation
- Small form factors, measuring at 17x17mm
- Uses a single 16-bit DDR2 or DDR3 memory device for SD or HD decode respectively to reduce printed circuit board area and bill-of-materials (BOM) cost
- Supports DVD-quality output (up to 480p) for enhanced-definition viewing and SD + SD picture-in-picture (PIP) capabilities. Also supports HDMI 1.3 output
- Set-Top Boxes