High Definition IP Set-Top Box SoC
A high-definition IP Set-top-Box (STB) solution enabling advanced Internet protocol digital entertainment services in a low-cost, high-performance and compact package.
Complementing Broadcom's family of DVR-enabled media server solutions, the BCM7231 allows solution providers to cost-effectively expand IPTV services, such as networked DVR and IP video services, for both client-server and low-cost standalone deployment models.
- Integrates 1080p60 output supporting high-quality HD programming and supports HDMI 1.4a output
- Support for cost-effective memory technologies incorporating high-speed DDR3 (for decoding HD content), high-capacity bulk MLC/SLC NAND, SDIO and serial NOR controller technology
- Integrates power-management controllers and regulators, supports Energy Star® and European Code of Conduct STB requirements, and offers flexible and configurable standby and active modes of operation
- Interfaces to a single 16-bit DDR2 or DDR3 memory device for standard- or high-definition decode respectively, representing a reduction in the printed circuit board area and bill-of-materials (BOM) cost
- Supports compelling subscriber applications including RVU Alliance's remote user interface (RUI) technology, CEA-2014 RUI client, Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) and Adobe® Flash® Platform for TV
- Unique HD FastRTV® channel change acceleration technology that improves channel change speeds by up to 500 percent
- Integrates Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA®) technology support, enabling consumers to locate and enjoy digital content anywhere on their home network and move or stream this content between DLNA-connected devices
- Supports a wide range of media formats including DivX, RealMedia Variable Bitrate (RMVB), China's audio video coding standard (AVS), as well as MPEG-2, AVC and VC-1
- Set-Top Boxes