Single-Chip Satellite Set-Top Box Decoder with USB 2.0
Broadcom's BCM7317 is a System on a Chip (SoC) for satellite Set-top Boxes (STBs).
Broadcom’s BCM7317 is a satellite STB system on a single chip, integrating Broadcom's BCM4500 QPSK demodulator technology and technology derived from Broadcom's existing cable products (such as the BCM7115 cable STB SoC). The BCM7317 is a design based on a Unified Memory Architecture (UMA), utilizing a 133 MHz, 16-bit-wide Double Data Rate (DDR) memory interface for added system performance.
- All-digital satellite receivers 1 45-Mbaud variable rate receiver and DVB/DIRECTV®/Digicipher® II compliant FEC decoder
- Support for DIRECTV and MPEG transport streams
- Provides a cost-effective solution for Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS) applications
- Fully integrated QPSK receiver, MPEG2 A/V decoder, MIPS CPU and peripherals for a complete STB system
- Direct Broadcast Satellite